Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Locked bucks

B

bohuner3

Well I ended my year by finding two locked bucks Monday, one was already dead and bloated and the other one was still alive so I put and arrow in him. One was a 9pt that scores 142" and a 17pt that scores 166.75". I called the DNR and he came out and took some pics and gave me a salvage tag for the 9pt that was aready dead. I will try to post some pics.

Wow, thats one heck of a way to harvest a buck, and get locked antlers.Are you going to seperate them... I wouldn't!!!

I had to in order to cape out the 17pt. they were so tight the 17pt had one sticker in the 9pt forehead. It rubbed threw his hair and rubbed a gruve in his skull. I had to cut the skull plate in half on the 9pt but I am gonna mount them together so I will put it back together.I'm a taxidermist so I got a lot of thinking and work ahead of me.

Lets se if I can post my pic [image]www.iowawhitetail.com/photopost/data/539/1[/image]

How's this.

1489IMG_0445-med.JPG

What a sight.It's to bad it happen's but at least one of them did not have to suffer until it died.I'm surprised that the coyotes did not try to get in on them.
Great pic's!Thank's for letting us get a look at them.

Thanks guys and yes I am to shocked the coyotes didnt get it because my wife shot a doe early in the season and we went to look for it in the morning and it didnt go but 40 to 50 yds but the coyotes had it torn apart. My wife was pretty mad because it was her first deer with a bow, but what can you do except kill every coyote you see.

Great pictures and what a find. To bad you couldn't receive a salvage tag for both deer and keep hunting although that is really a great trophy. Don't forget to post your finished mount pictures. Congratulations.

That is awesome that you found them, but it is a same that 2 monsters had to find fate like that. Congrats on the find.

Top Bottom