Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lodging near West Union?

Buckfevr

I'm going to visit a friend of mine lives in West Union. My wife is joining me on this trip so I'd like something nicer. What's good near there?

Hotels = Boarders Inn in Fayette - 8 miles from West Union (nice with a pool). Lilac motel in West Union - old motel, but its a classic :). There are a couple nice bed and breakfast's in the area as well.

I've heard good things about Boarders. There's a super 8 or something right in west union. Also some bed and breakfast in sumner and the surrounding.

The Elms motel is on the south end of town. CLean and inexpensive. Also a Hotel just to the North of it. Used to be a super 8, not sure what it is called now.

I've stayed in the elms when my buddies came up to hunt. It is very clean, and we weren't there for anything but sleep, but it was a nice stay.

If you need some food and like pizza, I had a taco pizza from the pizza palace in west union the other night, and it was amazing.

Have a good trip!

We've been doing a bunch of work in West Union, and Red Heart has been feeding us very well. His buried taco is by far my favorite taco pizza.

Man there is some good eating around the WU area :). Honestly I think the pork is a better dish at Gunder. But if its your first time there, you have to try the Gunder burger!

I live one mile from the Shanti in Gunder. The best sandwich ever is their "Sow Melt". Pork burger with bacon,cheese,special sauce, onion rings on Texas toast. The pork is very lean so not a greaseball either. Better than the Gunderburger in my book.

I live one mile from the Shanti in Gunder. The best sandwich ever is their "Sow Melt". Pork burger with bacon,cheese,special sauce, onion rings on Texas toast. The pork is very lean so not a greaseball either. Better than the Gunderburger in my book.

"Sow melt" is prolly a road kill pig that was melting in the hot August sun, the cheese is some stuff they found under the deep fat fryer that had a cheesy consistency to it, special sauce is something pinkish that came direct from the bathroom, the onion rings were the bugs they didn't bother to scrape off the road kill pig, the texas toast is four pieces of regular bread that the mold just stuck together. Ahhhhhh, but the bacon. The bacon ties this dish together and makes it a gastronomical delight fit for a Clayton Countonian. Tuck in boys. I hear the sow melt comes with a free side of pepto.

Remember, the fella that is recommending the sow melt puts tapifeakinoka in his stew and bird seed in his bread.

I remember eating 1.5 gunder burgers in 06 when i first started with my company. Had to finish of half of my buddies. The ride home was not fun!!

Fishbonker you're killing me man. I'm just trying to wake up and I'm laughing so hard there's tears.

Sounds like we'll be eating well. Thanks for the suggestions.

Top Bottom