Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Logging project questions

Trapshooter1

Working with the state foresters, we marked the trees that he believes will be most beneficial to the farm to harvest. Now looking for reputable loggers to take bids on the project. The trees we re planning to harvest are silver Maples.

So basically looking for reputable loggers, and what you guys are hearing on price per board feet. Thank you

Working with the state foresters, we marked the trees that he believes will be most beneficial to the farm to harvest. Now looking for reputable loggers to take bids on the project. The trees we re planning to harvest are silver Maples.

So basically looking for reputable loggers, and what you guys are hearing on price per board feet. Thank you
How many trees & what species & size? Ballparks. Part of state?
State forester does have a logger list. I will bet u they will say “contact these 20” or whatever. & find out “who don’t I send bids to”!!!
It’s a nasty business with some crooks & maniacs in land so let’s do bit of homework up front.

I was told by more than one logger this winter that the market for maple was dead. Maybe there is a mill in your area buying.

I ended up selling it as pallet wood.

Silver maple is for sure dependent on economy. Used for furniture (like lazy boy furniture was end buyer when I did sale long time ago). Seen it go from like “.20 board foot” to “1.00 board foot”. Don’t remember exact but huge variance from good to bad times. So yes, check to see if it’s dead now. Could very well be the case!!! Hold tight if so. They usually run 2-5 year cycles.

Top Bottom