Lone wolf alpha/climbing sticks deal

INative

Well I'm going to be hunting in some different places and I figured I could use a more portable setup. I bought the alpha ii and 3 climbing sticks on eBay for $360. Everything is brand new. No taxes and free shipping. I have never seen a store with lone wolf products lower that retail prices, so I figured I couldn't be getting too bad of a deal. What do y'all think? It was one of those "make an offer" auctions. The seller accepted my first offer of $360 lol. Should have offered less darn it! Also, the guy has 4 more sets just like the one I bought. If anyone is interested then PM me and I will sent you the item number. Or just look for it yourself.... He has the setup listed at $409

I sure hope its not out of that lot. I do t think it is since the pictures in the auction show the brown straps and brown seat post. Seller runs a hunting gear business and states that he buys most equipment directly from manufacturers. I will be sure to check everything out though. Also, your article doesn't mention anything about the alpha ii (AHOII), which is what I bought. Still, I will verify. Thanks for the heads up!

What did he list it as? New in box? I know the rejected ones are not TMA approved or warrentied by LW. If he is not listing them as such he can get in big trouble. I got an email about the rejected ones for sale from a company here in Iowa. But list they were such.

I would defiantly contact the seller to clarify weather they are or not the rejected ones.

Mobile Cooter using IW

I think my dad bought the rejected lonewolfs without knowing it.Pretty much positive he did. I think he spent $120 on the stand and $80 for 4 sticks. He bought two sets. I looked them over yesterday and do not see anything wrong with them. They also came with the same info inside the box as a normal lw.

I honestly do not beleive there is anything wrong with them. I compared them to a regular lw and all parta are same. I think lw just dont want a cut in sales.

Are the straps the same? My understanding is the the overseas straps are thinner and feel more slick. Guys had problems with the cam buckle slipping on the straps.

Mobile Cooter using IW

The straps were grey like all the other chinese stands we have. Didnt try one out but looked no different than others of that era.

They equipment I bought was all quality lone wolf equipment. I set it all up in my back yard. I sent a couple messages to the seller and his responses were very timely and honest.

The truth is that Lone Wold started to get backlash from having the product made in China so they didn't pay for the China made product after buying it, yes a few differences exist but that is what Lone Wolf was trying to get, a cheaper product to make more money......

I have on of the cheap ones and they are a lesser quality for sure on the cast portion of the stand. Other than that...it all appears the same as the Chinese one I bought in 2010.

I would be very cautious of the equipment that LW rejected honestly. Aluminum is a great material for stands since its light, strong, and resistant to harsh environments. BUT cast aluminum can be very dangerous in this type of application. Unlike steel (usually), cast aluminum is porous. Throughout any given cast piece of aluminum, there are millions of tiny air pockets. If everything about the casting mold isn't just right, there can be lots of bigger air pockets that you can't even see, which could easily cause the platform to break when a load is applied. I suspect this is why there aren't many companies making cast aluminum stands. There is technology capable of detecting this. I know a lot of companies use x-ray. But who knows if these stands are all that well controlled. And there's no way they check every stand for porosity. Just puttin that out there

Last edited:
The truth is that Lone Wold started to get backlash from having the product made in China so they didn't pay for the China made product after buying it, yes a few differences exist but that is what Lone Wolf was trying to get, a cheaper product to make more money......

Bingo.. The "rejected" stands are 100% the same stands as all the others made in china - they were not rejected by LW, they just werent paid for, so the distributor wanted to sell them for cheap to get their money back and LW had a hissy fit..

Liv4Rut- the only concern I would have about your dads stuff is the hardware that they were using in china was junk..the bolts and bushings. Call LW, tell them you bought a chinese stand and you are having problems with the hardware, and they will send you a new hardware kit..

Back