Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf Alpha Strap on

ironwood

Well I used some Christmas cash to pick up the Lone Wolf strap on. Now I would like to here from those of you using this stand as to; how you carry your extra straps/hooks, have you installed the extra V-bracket or do you take it on and off as need, do you use the hook system or the versa buttom system or a combination of both? Anything you can add here to help shorten my curve with this new item will be greatly apreciated. Tanks
grin.gif

I've never used the V-bracket. I usually just carry the strap for the tree in my pocket and then hang it on the hook. I've never used the second strap on the versa button but I've heard it makes the stand even more secure.

Ironwood,

I have used the stand both ways.... but much prefer the use of two straps... one with the J hook for easy hanging and the other around the bottom of the stand for stability.... I have not been impressed with the stability the stand offers with the J hook alone.

I have several of the stands (5), all but one has the V-bracket on them, it seems to make folding the seat up when you stand for a shot much easier with the bracket installed, the seat doesn't grab the tree. The stand with no V-bracket is my hunt on the fly stand that I use the j hook to hang, because it is much easier and quieter to go up the tree install the j hook, pull the stand up and hang it. I am very cautious getting into the stand with the j hook as it is not near as stable as the versa button and strap. I have never felt the need for the lower strap, and I have my straps around my stand enroute to the tree, drawn up around the seat and seat post to keep everything tight together and quiet.
grin.gif
Sorry for the long post, hope it helps in some way!

I used this stand this afternoon for the first time and used the versa buttons and two straps. No less work than a climber but it was great picking a tree that went every direction. I don't think I have another stand that I could have placed on that tree at that location and been comfortable. I was very impressed with that aspect of this stand. The tread on the climbing sticks ripped the bottom of my boots to pieces. I did not thinks they where in to bad of condition before today. I looked at them as I sat in the stand to clean some mud off and notice both shoes where all ripped up.

ironwood,
Congrats on the stand it is my favorite. I use the hook. I also use the strap on the top versa button, works better for me. You should never just use the hook alone. I wrap the strap with the hook around my sticks and cinch it tight. I will post a picture it is easier to explain.
waytogo.gif

Thanks Limb, I was trying to use the strap, without the hook, around the sticks and one of the buttons on the stand. That worked OK but I'll bet it will be easier using the hook and forgetting the button. I am already sure I'll like everything about this setup. No heaver than the climbers I’ve been carrying and extremely versatile.
waytogo.gif

Sorry forgot to take the picture last night. I will try it again tonight...
doah.gif

Do you have three or four sticks?

Top Bottom