Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf Climbing Sticks

Have any of you put moleskin on your LW climbing sticks to reduce noise in the woods? I'm thinking about putting moleskin on the buckles and certain areas of the sticks to reduce the possibility of noise. Just curious. Thanks.

I put camo tape on the buckles and the hook that I hang the stand on. I also fill up the sticks with foam insulation and that helps as well. Mole skin would also be a great idea.
waytogo.gif

Wouldn't it be nice Limb, if you could buy a product that you didn't have to jimmy-rig in some form?
evil.gif

I just got the sticks and Im gonna drill a hole thru all of them, so that way when I stack them all up, I can run a carriage bolt thru them with a big wingnut on the other side. That way you don't have to mess around with trying to strap them together.
smile.gif
nothing wrong with modifying
grin.gif

not to hi jack the thread. I had a question about them too. Will the 3 pack get you higher than 15-16'? or do you need 4 to get to 20'

4 will get me about 22 feet but I space them quite aways apart...plus if you have several big branches, you can get much higher...last fall, I had all 4 sticks on the tree and I was every bit of 32 feet but I had several branches I could use as steps.

Just have to hunt high sometimes.......deer never winded me all night and I had them in all directions.

I dont feel hidden in most trees unless i am 25 or higher. Rudd has got me a fancy safety vest coming this year so I hopefully will be very safe!

DOR,

I fell once from about 25 feet in Nov. 2000 and trust me, it's no picnic. Those vests look like the ticket ... I might have to get my hands on one.
-Longspurs-

Top Bottom