Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

lone wolf climbing sticks

muddy

those of you who use the LW sticks, how high can you get with the set of 3 that they come in? how long are each of the sections as well? thanks in advance.

Mud, You probably want to go with the 4 pack. I use the 3 pack and get 15-18' high. Not high enough for most of the veterans here but I am slowly weaning myself to throw up another stick. I am guessing they are in the 30" + range in length. Here is what they say the sticks should reach: Approximate height distances: 2 pack 11-12', 3 pack 15-16', 4 pack 19-20'
I figure a buff dude like yourself could easily snake yourself up to a comfortable level in no time.

I have 3 sticks and it is not high enough for where I placed the stand. I would recommend at least 4 depending upon the stand location.

evil.gif

Muddy, you are probably going to want to get 4 sticks. Three will be about 15' to the top of the last stick, but then you have to hang your stand about 2' or 3' lower in order to have a hand hold to get in and out of the stand. Last year I used 5 sticks on one tree and I would guess that got me about 20' with a stick at the top to climb on with.
I love the LW sticks, I have eight of them so far and am buying six more before fall, just too bad they aren't cheaper. It runs about $160 worth of sticks to get me the height I like, but it sure beats the heck out of those dang screw-ins.

Pretty sure the sticks are 32" long each, and the ability to flip flop the steps from side to side is great.

Also, those camo bags that the cheap folding lawn chairs (Wally World) come in work great for hauling the sticks around.

I followed the advise of folks here last year and bought 4 sticks. So far they have been enought to put me where I want. often I don't use the extra stick, but when it's needed I am gald it's there. Something else I am going to look into is the extra long straps you can get through LW. I think Onecam and Bowman use these. They allow you to strap onto some off those larger trees.

OneCam, or whoever, I wasnt aware you could buy longer straps for the sticks. Do you know how much they are, and can you order them off the LW site?
I have been using some home made jobbies, some real straps would be much better. Thanks.......

Muddy,

I am the Non-Typical treestand rep here, not officially, but IMO the stand and rapid rails will give the LW a run for its money and then some. It's an awsome setup, give it a try.

sorry jdubs, havn't heard of them before. besides, they've already been ordered.

my 2nd birthday present has arrived. almost a month late but no matter, it came before deer season!! i can't wait till October 1 !!

411NewToy.JPG

TimberPig,
The strap extentions are around $12-$15 per 3 pack. You won't need more than two. I got three and have never used the third. I found that if you got that high in the tree and it was still that big around, you can't reach around to grab the strap while hanging onto the tree. I very seldom have to use more than one extra strap. As for the origional topic....I use four sticks, three is not enough.

Bowman, thanks for the info. I would pick up some of those extensions if I could find them, I could not locate them on the LW site. All I found were extra straps (regular size) and they would work but were $10 apiece.
Where did you get them?

I made two out of cable and they work but real extensions would be nice. And you are right, I've never needed more than two so far.

Went to the Kansas City Cabelas this past weekend, very nice store. Planned to pick up two more sets of sticks but they were sold out, what a bummer.

So if you’re short would you definitely recommend four sticks to get between 15 – 20 feet? Shredder, how many do you use???
evil.gif

Ouch!

Kat you would probably want to go with 4 if you want to get to 20 ft.. 15 or close to it should be attainable with 3.

Geez, thanks Kat......I know I am short but do you have to rub it in????? I am still agil enough, I can get 25 feet in a lot of trees without the use of steps or sticks...just not without sweating or making too much noise.

I plan on using 5 sticks total and should be able to get to the 22 ft plus mark with ease, maybe higher depending on the tree.

Top Bottom