Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf stands... what one to buy??

I'm heading to Cabelas Sat. afternoon and going to buy a new lone wolf stand! about the long wolf climbing sticks so i believe i'll be picking up the 3 pack of them!Which one would you guys prefer either the alpha or the assault the only real difference is the assault platform is 2.5 inches smaller and 3 lbs. lighter compared to the alpha! Lighter the better i guess but i love a bigger platform! Just wondering what you guys on here would prefer??? Thanks in advance! and i have yet to hear anything bad about the lone wolf climbing sticks, so i will be picking up a 3 pack of them as well!! :way: CANT WAIT TILL HUNTING SEASON!!!!:drink1:

Do yourself a favor and buy the Alpha, you won't regret it. I have both and I feel like a Fat Man in a little coat sitting in the assault. I am 6ft tall and pudgy with size 14 boots. Also make sure you pick up a 4th Stick. You will only get about 15ft of so with 3 sticks unless you like hunting lower. I can get a little over 20ft with 4 sticks.

You won't regret the purchase!!

i forgot to say its gona be a run and gun stand it wont be left up it will be for trying out a new area slip in hang it and slip out! i'm a smaller guy 5' 10" 140 lbs and i will be walking along distance with it so the lighter the better but i still want to be comfortable so i'll pry take your advice LIV4RUT and go with the alpha!!

Maybe this will help yah. I just took a picture for you of the assault on top of the alpha. It may not be a big deal for you but for me I like the extra width on the alpha on the back edges. Usually I hunt small trees facing away from where the deer will come so I am usually leaning out around the tree anticipating the shot. That's what I like about it anyways.
982-dscn2705.jpg

I've hunted out of both and most of the times I'm OK with the Assault platform size unless it's windy. I'm about 6' 2" and around 190 if that helps.

The Alpha is very nice but when I have to carry them long distances I can tell the difference between the two.

And yes, get 4 sticks. I wish I had a 5th stick for really weird situations when you have a double trunk and have to climb back and forth.

I'm about the same frame as you. I owned the alpha but sold it to a buddy and bought the assault. Mine is used for running and gunning only or maybe a camera stand. I just wanted less weight. The alpha with 4 sticks got heavy on long treks. I probably could have managed but I have never had any problems with the assault.

I use the assault and 4 sticks is a must IMO. I'm 5'10" about 220 and have had no issues with the assault, but either choice is a good one. Both good stands.

Having gigantic feet and boots would be an issue with the assault though, that's Livs biggest issue I think.

You should check out the Muddy Outdoors Pro Hang-on as well......its only 10.5 lbs and the seat is unbelevably comfortable. Either are great options and you can't beat a mobile setup imo

I'd go assault, but thats just me.
I dont care for the the way the alpha seems to catch every twig in the woods in transport and though the extra platform space is reassuring I dont stray to far from the base of the tree in any stand and would prefer to save on the weight as well. Every one has an opinion I guess. Muddy needs to icks-nay the the ratchet strap and they will potentially have something there.

Good luck.

If you look at what I call the usable platform,, That is, in front of the post and between the cables, the difference is so small I cannot believe it would matter to anyone hunting from a stand.. I am 6'3" and 240 with size 12.. Never have missed carrying the extra metal around since I switched to the assault.

If you look at what I call the usable platform,, That is, in front of the post and between the cables, the difference is so small I cannot believe it would matter to anyone hunting from a stand.. I am 6'3" and 240 with size 12.. Never have missed carrying the extra metal around since I switched to the assault.

Basically what I was saying.:way:

Top Bottom