Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf Sticks

Benny

Question for you.

Bought myself 4 climbing sticks from long wolf this year. I am having problems with them. They are making a fairly load irriting squeekin noise as the V-bracket bites into the tree when you step on them. I even tried tighting all the bolts just in case they were loose but they still do it.

I have a 3 pack of Gorilla sticks which are very similiar in terms of design (v-bracket) and they do not make this noise but the Long Wolfs are alot lighter and I would prefer to use them if I can get them to be quieter.

Any thoughts?

Has anyone else had this problem and found a good solution.

Odd, the only problem I have with my LW sticks is the steps loosening up every few weeks. I need to replace the lock nuts and all should be solved. I'd keep tinkering with them and if it doesn't help maybe contact LW. Good thing is it's the sticks, they're only loud when climbing in and out. If the stand had that problem you'd be in trouble.

I cant say mine have ever done that. Are you sure its not just the tree bark squeaking as the stick bites in?

When I hang my sticks I make sure to pull down on them as hard as I can with my hands to get them almost fully in place. I have had that problem before, but if you pull down on them as hard as you can, when you step on them, they barely budge and no noise is made. Good luck
smile.gif

I have that happen now and then too. I also have the gorillas. I grinded my gorillas down so the back V pivots like a lone wolf. The gorillas actually seem to bite into the tree a little better. They just don't stack as neatly as the LW's do. Weight is actually about the same; the gorillas' are a little longer. I use one gorilla with 3 LW's

Some trees do squeek. Nothing you can do about it. I've set-up in dozens of trees this year, had one tree that "sqeeked" crazy bad. Actually, only one stick out of all of them. IMHO, don't worry about....

I also have a question about lone-wolf..I ordered a tree stand a while back from the website..anybody know how far behind/how long til I get it?

Let me check my schedule, there's a good chance that I won't be deer hunting until Sunday at the earliest, if you need to borrow them let me know and we'll meet up somewhere.

Thanks for the info, I will experiment on them and let ya know what I find.

On a side note, shot a 150 inch 11 point out of my Long Wolf Sit and Climb today at point blank. No squeekin just harvesting.

Take Care

Benny

Lone wolf is slow on shipping right now from what others are saying on other websites. Central IA archery in Des Moines has Lone wolf sticks and stands in stock right now. I just talked with Brady a couple of days ago. Here is his # 515-266-3912

I have had that problem on hickory trees. Works good on the others though. I have found you need rough bark. Otherwise they work great.

Top Bottom