Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf vs Muddy

buckfever57

bowhunt or die
Hey guys im thinking about buying a new stand and sticks and would like a hang on stand. One that is light easy to set up and comfortable for those all day sits.

I have looked into both of these brands and i want one with a bigger platform. I am just wondering for the price of these 2 which one would you guys get?? I like the platform of the lone wolf but the seat looks like it could be uncomfortable if sit for a long time.

I proob wont be setting these up and moving them each time i hunt. but in the timber im allowed to hunt in there are a bunch of good oak trees to set stands in but not many good for the ladder stands i have.

So any tips on which one is most comfortable, easiest to use/ quietest, and if any of you guys have used or owned both which one would you suggest buying. Thanks.

I wont be buyibg it till this off season so i have time to decide. i have already tagged out this year so dont need to buy asap but just doing some research on what stand would be the best. And if you guys have any other brands you think are better im open to anything. Just looking for the best stand and stick combo. Thanks again!!

I vote lone wolf alpha. Get the hunt comfort seat and footrests for max comfort. Careful tho you may fall asleep.

I don't have experience with Muddy stands - but I love my lone wolf stands and it would be difficult to convince me to buy anything else.

I have always been a Muddy guy, but the LW bug is biting. I will always keep a set of Muddy sticks, but the Alpha looks like an amazing stand for the weight and size!

The LW's are extremely easy to hang via their strap system. The seat looks very uncomfortable but I've yet to have a problem with that. They bite extremely well and both the seat and platform adjustments are simple to operate. It's an all molded platform as opposed to welded to minimize popping and creaking.

Take a look at the Muddy Ultra Mount system. I bought that and adapted it to my muddy stand and talk about quick and easy set up. Only drawback I can see is that you lose the ability to pack your sticks on the stand. If they fix that, I would never consider a LW. Muddy sticks are way better than LW (can step on either side or on both sides at the same time).

I will say I think the LW platforms are larger.

The Millenium M-50 is the most comfortable all day sitting stand I own.

Hey guys im thinking about buying a new stand and sticks and would like a hang on stand. One that is light easy to set up and comfortable for those all day sits.

I have looked into both of these brands and i want one with a bigger platform. I am just wondering for the price of these 2 which one would you guys get?? I like the platform of the lone wolf but the seat looks like it could be uncomfortable if sit for a long time.

I proob wont be setting these up and moving them each time i hunt. but in the timber im allowed to hunt in there are a bunch of good oak trees to set stands in but not many good for the ladder stands i have.

So any tips on which one is most comfortable, easiest to use/ quietest, and if any of you guys have used or owned both which one would you suggest buying. Thanks.

I wont be buyibg it till this off season so i have time to decide. i have already tagged out this year so dont need to buy asap but just doing some research on what stand would be the best. And if you guys have any other brands you think are better im open to anything. Just looking for the best stand and stick combo. Thanks again!!

I have both. The LW sticks are better IMO. I love my LW stand but will not knock my muddy stands. When it comes to ladder stands, it's hard to beat muddy. For a packable stand and step system, LW is my choice...

I am upgrading all of my stands to either LW or Muddy. I live close to Albia and the folks at Muddy are top notch, all hunters and you always get the feeling they understand and appreciate their customers. For all permanent stands we buy Muddy and then buy cheap stacking sticks.

I'm a huge lone wolf fan. I would choose there sticks and stands over anybody's for packing in and out. If your not going to move them I'd go with a millennium or muddy. IMO there's no sense spending the extra money if your not going to utilize them for packing. I don't mind the lone wolf seat. But the muddy seats are nice. As far as comfort goes millennium for sure.

I'm a huge lone wolf fan. I would choose there sticks and stands over anybody's for packing in and out. If your not going to move them I'd go with a millennium or muddy. IMO there's no sense spending the extra money if your not going to utilize them for packing. I don't mind the lone wolf seat. But the muddy seats are nice. As far as comfort goes millennium for sure.

That is a great point.

Packing in and out my lonewolf alpha gets the nod everytime. If I'm sitting all day for days on end, Its a millennium.
Lonewolf makes the easiest to hang most quiet set up on the market. Millennium is the most comfortable.
In my opinion, muddy fills the nitch in between, its an easy set up... it takes longer to hang, its a little bit heavier and hard to pack but it edges out lonewolf by a hair in terms of comfort.
That little bit of comfort vs the ease of the lw keeps my muddy set up hanging in my garage 9/10 times.

This would be my reply as well. I just bought and hunted from the Outfitter Aluminum this season. Bigger plat form than the LW Alpha but not as portable. Both great products with different high points IMO. The muddy Hunter is a bit small as is the LW assault.

Packing in and out my lonewolf alpha gets the nod everytime. If I'm sitting all day for days on end, Its a millennium.
Lonewolf makes the easiest to hang most quiet set up on the market. Millennium is the most comfortable.
In my opinion, muddy fills the nitch in between, its an easy set up... it takes longer to hang, its a little bit heavier and hard to pack but it edges out lonewolf by a hair in terms of comfort.
That little bit of comfort vs the ease of the lw keeps my muddy set up hanging in my garage 9/10 times.

I am not sure what Muddy stand you have, but any Bloodsport or stand outfitted with the new Super Mount in my opinion, is the fastest and easiest to hang (Bloodsport being easiest and quietest).

Now, the reason I am looking at LW is the design just seems better. Less weight due to the solid casting and overall, just think for longer sits 5+ hours to all day the LW Alpha would be the ticket. Even with the EZ hook, I think cam straps in general aren't the easiest thing to fumble with, but would take this little bit of extra work (in my opinion obviously) for all of the other features of the LW.

Lone Wolf for sure. I use the Alpha and 5 sticks. Solid cast aluminum platform is what puts it on another level from the rest of the stands out there.

I do like the looks of the new Muddy 32" hunter sticks though, may have to give those a shot but I do love my lone wolf sticks.

Top Bottom