Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf

i would have to agree with you on this. the guy who owns the company is very private and pretty particular abotu who sells them....which in turn may inhibit sales....
this past Deer Classic is the first time i didnt see him there, not sure why, but they usually have a booth set up and displays on hand. nice stands, but i wouldnt spend that kind of money without trying one out first....i understand that much.
shoot, if i could afford it, id have a few wedgelocs and a few lone wolfs....and 3000 acers of land to put them on!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you guys close to Andrae could run the thought past him. I would love to see a "Micro-Lone Wolf" Maybe it wouldn't be marketable for the masses, but I would love it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Andrae sold the stand portion of the business...new owners now.

The assult is smaller than the alpha hang on.

DOR...are you telling me you don't have one single Lone Wolf stand???????

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct! I have used them, but still don't own one yet. Maybe I will cave into the IW peer pressure and buy one here eventually.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Come to think about it, it is about the only thing that Rudd sells that I have not purchased.....I won half the stock in his company.
blush.gif
When is the next board meeting anyway?
grin.gif

that's funny Dor.
grin.gif
I quit selling gear. Guys like Ironwood wanted me to give them discounts off of wholesale!

[ QUOTE ]
Lone Wolf stands are great!!
but look into Chippewa Wedge-loc stands as well. they cost about the same, but are easier to put up and are every bit as quiet, light and sturdy.
that is my stand of choice for good reason!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that! I have had a Chippewa Wedge-loc for 5 years now and they are the best portable stands out there IMO. Light,very quiet, and they are very very easy to put up in the dark.
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to try the baby Chippewa ( I'm sure thats the wrong name)out. They
do look top notch as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like the V bracket on their platforms will limit you to a certain size (smaller) tree.

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely not. I have hung my stand from the smallest ash tree to large oak.
I should have my head examined for some of the small trees i have put them in!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
that's funny Dor.
grin.gif
I quit selling gear. Guys like Ironwood wanted me to give them discounts off of wholesale!

[/ QUOTE ]

Darn. I was gonna call you about another Badlands pack. The monster pack looks sweet.

The 'Bonker

I have about 6 gorilla stands and one LW Alpha. The gorilla stands are nice to set ahead of time, usually in my morning or all day spots, very comfy. There is no way I would want to carry one of them in every day though. The LW is just lighter (even than the aluminum Gorillas) and easier to hang. No doubt its a higher quality stand, not even close actually.

If I had another $180 burning a hole in my pocket I'd buy an Assault to just for short evening hunts were comfort isnt a big deal.

I pack in and set up in a different spot 99% of the time anymore. The Alpha Assault with 4 climbing sticks is the best thing since sliced bread. I consider my LW my #1 piece of equipment.

Light, quiet, and easy to set up.

I use a Lone Wolf Alpha Hang-On and climbing sticks……….quality, lightweight, and safe!
smile.gif

<font color="blue">Iowawhitetail is very please that Lone Wolf is one of our sponsors, please check out their website.</font>

Lone Wolf

the reason why I quit using Gorrillas was mainly because the platforms suck on the aluminum stands. They kill my feet. It seems like the mesh sinks lower than the two support rods that go down the middle of the stand which causes uneveness. When standing all day, it sucks for me. The lonewolf is solid as a rock, can go in dang near any tree. I have hunted in trees as big around as my ankle. They are quick to set up, and most importantly quiet.

As far as the sticks go, I think they suck as far as safety when it is wet or you have mud on your boots, but at the same time they are super fast, light, and quiet. However, I wish they would make them safer it really wouldn't be that hard.
frown.gif
grin.gif

with living in iowa what is your guys opinion. im not worried about the money and i dont want to buy alot of stands. would a hang on stand with sticks be more universal or a climber. I know all trees are not straight poles all the way up either...
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
A hang on is much more versitile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. I have a climber, don't hardly use it anymore now that I have a Lone Wolf.

i have an Ol Man climber, and i dont use it very much either, however, having it just in case is a good idea. there was a situation where i needed somthing different and the climber fit the bill
AND
they make good camera stands....

Two years ago my brothers and I went on our annual western kansas hunting trip. Stephen took a Cabela's Trophy Lite stand, I can't 'member which portable Mike took. And I took my new Lone Wolf Alpha. Next year we each took an Alpha.
grin.gif
You just can't beat 'em on a trip like that when you don't know what types of trees (or lack thereof) you're going to encounter. I'm still in the dark ages with gettin up to the stand -- screw-in tree steps. As long as my forearms can take it, I'll keep using these.

Top Bottom