Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for a cape

Shoot2Kill

As shotgun season approaches I have a request. I'm looking for an Iowa cape (I live in MN) to put on the first buck I ever shot - way back on December 8, 1991. I had it mounted back then but it aged quickly and looked terrible when I came off Active Duty in 2005 after I hadn't seen it for 5 years. I hung it up for a while but eventually took it apart and the rack has been in my man closet ever since and he deserves better!

I want the cape to be as close to the original as possible (mature and killed in December). If anyone kills a mature buck from here through the rest of the season and are not going to have it mounted I'd be grateful for your cape and would cover any caping fees, etc. I do want to make sure it's caped by someone that knows what they are doing, not saying most members here can't do it but some people just can't! :) I would like enough cape for a wall pedestal mount.

I would take a road trip down to pick it up, no expenses for you and may possibly work with a taxidermist mentioned on this site for the mount.

Please PM me if you can help me out! Thank you!

Here he is - hometown paper, 1991!

Named him "Walter". Seriously the first buck I ever saw while deer hunting! Shot with my grandpas Stevens pump 12 ga with not even a bead on the barrel! 40 yd broadside shot and I watched him tip over and about fell out of the tree!! I was ruined for life! Haha

image-3824627710.jpg

image-1089834032.jpg

image-3811087017.jpg

Last edited:
I will gladly help ya out if I dump a big deer...I will take pics of anything we shoot that will fit, and if you want it, its yours...I already have one at the taxidermist..I will not be taking another this year...

Most taxi's have extra capes! I had mine redo my first buck shot in 79! If they are a new Taxi..... Maybe not!! :way:

I will getting a bunch of capes in the next couple weeks. If I don't end up getting the size you need, I can get it from many of my other sources. Give me a shout at the end of gun season and I can show you what I have.

Top Bottom