Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for a new farm times running out

Usually but not always it works out for a guy selling good tillable ground and most hunting land auctions I've been too have been from a death in the family and the kids want the money right away instead of sticking it on the market.

I have always wondered why guys auction their land that don't have to, then are upset at the low price they get. It is a serious question , can anybody enlighten me? Recently one piece sold by a guy who refused higher offers by private buyers, only to auction the next week at 300 less an acre:0 he then was upset....

Not sure why you would sell certain rec parcels by auction, you have to know the market. Tillable yes, but even then, most auctions draw locals and not outside investors/non residents...

Maybe they are against a NR buying the farm? If it costs you $300 an acre or more in the transaction, who actually gets hurt in the transaction?

Auctions are actually a great way to sell when the demand is high on anything! And right now that is the farm land market. Good tillable that is being sold at auction is bringing more than it would if it was listed(in most cases). It creates a competetive atmosphere and therefore people get carried away emotionally and spend more. Also the right auction company has a lot to do with the success of the sale(and finding non local buyers). This has a lot to do with how good the auctioneer is individually and not how flashy is ads or company is...sometimes a local smaller company will yield better results and effort....so don't forget your local agents and auctioneers.

Hunting property is a little diff since most buyers are motivated by "want" and not financial gain. In most cases listing(not an auction) is the way to go on a hunting parcel. Buyers for these parcels need more time to make a decision usually.

Put in an offer on a farm yesterday. We're really excited one of the nicest farms I've ever been across.

Its in davis county and we saw at least 30 deer on the farm take off while we were walking it. Don't know how many we didn't see. Didn't find any sheds but theres a decent amount of snow on the ground and we were purposely walking so we could see the whole farm and not searching so much for sheds.

Iowa farm

Davis is very nice, had a friend that owned a 240, he always saw a lot of deer and plenty of nice bucks

Congrats, enjoy it

Top Bottom