Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for a scope

boneil

Just purchased a Rem 20 gauge 870 Express for my kids for the upcoming season. Looking at putting a scope on it. Just looking for ideas of what you have used and what to stay away from. Thanks for your help.

I have mainly leupold,, made in USA, great scopes, 100% lifetime warrenty, and they make them in all price ranges. My favorite for most smaller guns is the VXII 3*9. I believe these are still very good scopes for the money.

Having spent countless hours researching just about every scope out there for my rifles and the western hunting I'm prone to, I would have to agree with either a Leupold VX-II or the Nikon Prostaff if you are looking for great quality scopes at decent prices. Leupold also makes a great shotgun scope and Nikon has some of the best glass on the market if you consider the fact that their scope glass is exactly the same as their camera glass. Others to look at along those lines include Burris and Vortex. If you go with any of those, you won't be disappointed and your wallet won't be completely drained.

I use a red dot on my slug gun... love it! It may even add a little more "fun factor" for your children.. However, if you're looking for them to shoot something out past 75 yds very accurately, I probably wouldn't recommend it. Red dots are awesome for moving targets at closer ranges.

Top Bottom