Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for Advice!

Just curious but anyone ever try the
"You can come onto mine of I can come onto yours" approach?

I would just hang a stand right across theirs on your fence line. Hunt it every time you see them parked there. Who cares if you ruin a night, they will get the point soon enough.

I'd be careful of this if the neighbor has salt blocks. Technical you'd be hunting illegally over bait, too. Maybe just go out to your "spotting stand" to glass your place every time they hunt. :way:

Stand block

The most creative stand block that I have ever seen, was a guy put a 12 foot box stand on the property line, within 5 feet of the neighbors land which was an open alfalfa field and some timber (a very good spot). The neighboring landowner pulled a hay wagon full of round bales right in front of his stand so he could not shoot into the hay field. Worked great, the guy got the point!

On the baiting subject, seems to me video evidence would be pretty damning. Next time you know they are there, simply video them and their bait site, make sure you get good footage. I'd advise talking to them too, but in the last few years there have been incidents where bad things happened, so probably better just to take the evidence you have to the warden. Make sure to get their license plates, etc.

Now, that said, SaskGuy might have the best idea. You could talk to your neighbors, and/or the guys leasing. Tell them you suspect that the reason they are attracted to your boundary lines are your efforts, and see if they're willing to collaborate. You can still have separate boundary lines of where you hunt, but you could then have 900+ XXX acres managed, which would benefit all of you. The whole baiting thing doesn't give you a good feeling about them though as far as being someone you want to collaborate with.

Keep after your CO ... yes, they're spread out and have a lot on their plate right now but sooner or later he'll catch the guy.

-Longspurs-

Top Bottom