Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for Hunting grounds. New to Iowa

I am going to college at Iowa State University. I am from Illinois so it is very tough to make it back home to hunt. I was looking for some places to hunt near Ames so I can hunt while I am at college. Looking for public places to hunt or possibly private hunting grounds if possible. This is my first year at college so don't know the area very well. Any help would be appreciated.

fishingdude93 said:
I am going to college at Iowa State University. I am from Illinois so it is very tough to make it back home to hunt. I was looking for some places to hunt near Ames so I can hunt while I am at college. Looking for public places to hunt or possibly private hunting grounds if possible. This is my first year at college so don't know the area very well. Any help would be appreciated.

Knock on doors I hunt the Ames area. Pay nothing farmers are nice people. I'd say you could hunt my properties but I'm very protective over the area and two new hunters just bought land that I previously hunted from the farmer I had permission from. So right now I'm a little short on land

i used to hunt private land around ames when i went to school there. I just drove around and knocked on doors. People around there are pretty friendly.

I will definetely go get a plot map. This will help alot when searching for property. Thanks for all of the good suggestions. I will try them out the weekend after easter.

Top Bottom