Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for some coyote tactics?

boacephus

Okay so I have hunted this year from a stand several times. Well it's been good for a deer or two but not gauranteed and no large numbers. Well Thurs morn the only thing I seen was a single yote, man that rascal was keener at pickin me out than any deer I have ever encountered!!!! I never even moved anything but my eyeballs and he had me pegged. Anyhow since the stand wasn't the greatest I did a little searching and found more deer activity further to the West about 80 yds. I know if I would have done better scouting I would have already known about it being better looking so close. So Saturday morning I did see a decent buck but still to close to shooting light(1/2 before sunrise my arse, 10 min till and still didn't have great visability). Then right on time as Thurs morn, instead of one it was three yotes. One, as far as yotes go, was real purty like, nice greys and reds, about like an overgrown fox squirrel. The other two were fairly common looking lighter greyish yotes.

So now that I wrote a short story, how do I go about erradicating these buggers. The closest field, about 100yds off, I don't have permission to hunt, that's the general direction I see them coming from in the morn. I don't think rifle is really an option. Perhaps re-set a stand, get some 00 buck shot and a distress call?? I would love the option of being able to atleast take out two of them. Dump a gut pile and climb in some brush? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Distress call and buckshot. Try to get him before this weekend. They get harder to call once the shotgun seasons have started.

Top Bottom