Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for Used Youth Bow

AZHunter

Iowa Boy At Heart
Last weekend, my daughter had a soccer teammate/friend over and we got to talking about archery. My daughter proudly showed her friend her bow and her mad-shooting skills! :way: After a real quick and dirty lesson, her friend tried my daughter's bow out. I had to help her because its set at 31 lbs draw weight. She missed the target, but you could tell she instantly fell in love. At the next practice she ran up to me and said her and her parents spoke about it and she can take up archery! To help them ease into it and not break the bank, I told them I would keep an eye out for a used youth bow with the idea that if it sticks, they can start looking at new bows/packages down the road. She's too big for a Diamond Atomic or Nuclear Ice. Used Ruckus, Razor's Edge, or Infinity Edge would be perfect to get her going.

So if any of you have a used youth bow for a 9-year old girl that's in good condition or know of someone who will be selling one, can you please have them contact me? Let's get another young lady into archery! Thanks, guys! :way:

Last edited:
i would tell them to bite the bullet, and get a razor's edge, or mission craze now. it is easier to buy new, and recoup the loss by selling it used, than it is to find a good used bow at a cheap price. unless someone comes through for you on here. ebat and archerytalk.com's classifieds are good places to look. if you find a deal on AT, dont screw around thinking about it, good deals go fast on there

Its extremely hard to disagree with you, Teeroy. I used that logic with my wife when getting my daughter her Ruckus. My daughter's friend is more than likely going to stick with target archery. I don't foresee her taking up hunting, but I could be wrong. With that, its also hard to convince her parents to drop $400 for a bow, arrows, and release on a definite maybe. If she shows the commitment and sticks with it, then I'll start talking to her parents about upgrading to the Infinite Edge, Craze, or Ruckus. With a less expensive used bow, the thought is that they aren't out much if it doesn't stick. If it does, her younger brother can take over the used one if he shows interest.

So far, two guys here and two local guys on coueswhitetail.com have offered up bows that their kids have outgrown or are about to outgrow, so I'm hopeful we'll have something soon!

Last edited:
in that case, look into a genesis, maybe. or a genesis pro. you can still add sights and stabilizer.

Top Bottom