Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking into new clothes is Sitka worth it?

jjclausen

I was just seeing if anybody out there can give me any info if Sitka is worth the money. I am looking at the Fanatic bibs and jacket and it has a steep price tag on it but I need some new bow hunting gear. I don't mind spending the money if it is worth it and I don't want to go another year in my scent blocker gear. I have Cabela's mt050 and Cabela's stand hunter clothes for late season but way to warm for November hunting. Any info would be great.

I switched to all Sitka last year before an Idaho elk hunt due to lighter weight, better fit and better ability to layer. Sold all my scent Blocker stuff after wearing it a few times. It is pricey but very good quality and fit. I've hooked up a bunch of people around here with it and they all love, no complaints at all (except the price)

The fanatic series is great but very warm. You won't use it unless its below 30ish.

I had the 2010 stratus set and it was loud and not that warm. The 2011 stratus was made with the same outer material as the fanatic so sitka fixed that issue.

The 90% stuff is great also.

I bought all my sitka gear after season when its marked down 20-30%

It is my favorite clothing. Have the Stratus Jacket and bibs......Yes it is pricey but quality outlast cheap any day. Devide the years of use into the price and, just like good optics, cost of ownership/year of use is usually cheaper.....get it....you won't be sorry.

So, based on typical Iowa weather, stand hunting with hang and hunt mobile setups happening 30-40% of the time.... stratus set for October and fanatic set for November? Has anyone tried the downpour rain gear? I assume it is good but wanted some confirmation.

Top Bottom