Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking like Bow tag soup this year

SCOFFIN

Miles Coffin
I finally had my opportunity last night a blew it on Mr. Big. Got in the woods about 3:30 and couldn't find a good tree for my climber. Decided to hit it from the ground. Found a nice big dead fall and tucked in for my hunt. Not more than 5 minutes later seen some antlers working my way about 70 yards into the timber. He was walking broadside to me and stopped with his head behind a giant tree and stood still for a total of 15 minutes. This whole time I'm losing light and am pondering a stalk. I'm thinking I only need to close about 35 yards to make an easy shot. Well at the end of the 15 minutes I seen what he was seeing. A doe walked in. I moved my bino's to the left some more and there were 7 other does looking right at me. "BUSTED". They hung around a while and even come in for a closer look at me, but nothing in shooting range. They took off and left the buck. I then put the stalk on, but he was already nervous and the first twig snap and he was gone. I didn't get to see his rack very good, but he was tall and had a lot of points. I may have to get sick at work today or tomorrow as they are the only days I have left to possibly hunt.
mad.gif

Crock Pot......8 hours on high, lots of soup
goes good with bread bowls

Top Bottom