Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking to buy a Hoyt got some qustions

P

PupChowMN

I am looking to purchase a hoyt it will prob. be a '03 model since I am in college and I am poor. The Razortech and Ultratec look to be good choices. I was wondering if any of you have any experiences with these bows or other hoyts that you could reccomend. Right now I shoot a Browning Afterburner so anything will be an improvement.

buy a year old razor tec, you will not be dissapointed and can probably find one around 500$ or less i would guess, but it will not be mine because its certainly not for sale!! good luck finding one of these great bows.

i would vote razotTEC also. an awesome bow that is easy to shoot. short axle to axle and fast. i love mine and wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING!!

I have been on Archerytalk.com, they seem to have pretty fast moving classified postings, talking to a couple guys who will sell them for 550 with some accs. I thought the Razortec looked like a good deal thanks for the info.

Go try Central Iowa Archery, there are some trade-ins and new 03's in stock now. There are also a few guys that are trading up soon that I know of. What specs do you need?

27.5 d/l, other than that nothing specific except i like the shorter ATA, brace over 7 1/8" which seems to me they are easier to shoot than those shorter, thats about it nothing else really.

if you want a short axle to axle you will be wanting the razortec. 33 inch axle to axle vs a 38 ( i think ) on the ultra tec.

I have a guy that wants to sell me an x-tec with all the accs. for 600. Is there that much of a difference from a razortec?

i consider an X-TEC a hybrid of a cybertec and a razortec. they brought the X-TEC out because they have discontinued making the havocTEC. for $600 set up i think you're getting a good deal since they are selling for around $650-$700 new bare bow.

waytogo.gif

PupChowMN, I would highly suggest going for the X-TEC. Its very similiar to an ultraTEC,7" brace height,1 1/4" reflex, with basically a shorter ATA. Considering they retail about $669.99, you'd be getting a good deal. You'll also find the new Triax pocket stabilization sys. which is new for '04.

Well the deal with the X-tec fell through...so i got an 03 Razortec instead..just got it and man is it a smoker!! Hopefull I cen get it all set up in time to tag a turkey...thanks for all the advice

Top Bottom