Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking to sell my old bow...

Rackmup65

and looking for some advice on price. I have a 2003 Legacy with a Mathews 2pc. quiver, choice of Toxonics or Copper John sight, NAP Quicktune 3000. I have a couple of guys nibbling but I am not sure where to price the outfit. I would be willing to let 1/2 dozen new camo Goldtips go as well.

Any thoughts?

I would say check ebay but I would put it right in the neighborhood of $430. Great bow, great quiver but the accessories are really worthless when selling a used bow. You are almost better to keep them and sell them separate, unless the buyer wants them. Also string/cable condition will play a factor.

Thanks for the advice. I am actually reluctant to sell the bow because I love my Legacy; it is like an old friend and performs great. I was just thinking about buying a new Drenaline. Anyone have any reveiws on the Drenaline?

There was some discussion about the Drenalin a while back. I have had limited shots with it but I felt it was a step back for Mathews. I loved my Legacy and still love my Switchback but the Drenaline finally made me switch to Bowtech. But this is just one guy's opinion.
evil.gif

I will have a Switchback for sale soon.
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
but the accessories are really worthless when selling a used bow. You are almost better to keep them and sell them separate, unless the buyer wants them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta agree with Limb on this one. I've bought three used bows now and on everyone of them I put all new accessories on. Most shooters have a particular preference on that they like when it comes to a sight, rest, etc.

I agree that the extras are worthless as to the value of the bow, but, in my case and several others I watched sell on Ebay, a loaded bow will sell better than a bare bow. Just my .02 cents.

[ QUOTE ]
I felt it was a step back for Mathews.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too and most Mathews guys I know were not impressed enough to get rid of their Switchback XT for the Drenaline. The two hottest and best bows on the market right now IMO are the Hoyt Vectrix and the Bowtech Guardian. I may be getting rid of my 2006 Tribute and getting the 60# Guardian. I have the Vectrix in 70# and I like having a back up bow at 60# like my Tribute is.

Good luck selling your old bow; they depreciate worse than any hunting item that is out there. Somewhere between $300-400 for the bare bow IMO.

Top Bottom