Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Loss of a hunting partner...

Rackmup65

We lost Otis, our 13 year old beagle last night. He lost his battle with kidney disease and we are crushed. He was the best hunting partner and companion a hunter and family could ask for (no offense idehunter). He was our first dog as a couple and the baby of our family. He was diagnosed last December and we went through the entire process of iv's, phosphate binders, and most importantly love. He is resting on our land where I took so many rabbits off his labor of love. Don't mean to get all sentimental on here but he was the best and we will miss him so much. It just helps to talk about it...

I've lost a dog before. Nothing easy about it and it takes time to heal.

Hopefully you can remember all the good times and memories of his personality.

They say everything heals with time and with pets, you're suppose to get one as soon as you're ready. I lost my 9 month old English Pointer a year and half ago and am finally thinking about getting another dog.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Man I feel ya. We just lost our shorthair couple of months ago I still expect to see her every morning. We loved her alot. I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

lost my weim day after bird season it sucks. sorry to hear about that.

I feel for you man keep thinking good thoughts. Just remember all the good times. We had to put our 9 year old beagle to sleep 3 weeks ago, so I know what you are going through. Just know he's no longer hurting. Its amazing how much a dog can become part of the family.

Tough saying goodbye to an old friend. One thing about a dog...they are always happy to see you...even when your down.

Hang onto the memories and hopefully a new pup will find it's way to your family.

So sorry for your loss,been there and time does heal!
But i'm still tearing up just knowing your pain.

you probably aren't interested yet, but my brother has a litter of beagles that are just about ready to go.

shoot me a pm if you're interested

ive said it on here before, but it sure is funny how those critters can get so close....
i understand and feel your pain.
they are great companions!!

Thanks for the thoughts. It just helps to talk about it a little bit. The things that dog food manufacturers do to our animals are despicable. We had beagles when I was a kid and they lived to 16 - 18 easily and it was usually cancer or heart failure that was the issue. I am amazed as I surf the net how many dogs live under 10 years and kidney disease stands out. Kidney disease in dogs is a very cruel killer and I think the dog food companies should at least admit they have some work to do.

Sorry about your lose
frown.gif

Top Bottom