Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lost my first deer

Ried#3

Had a chip shot at a 160+ this morning at 0730. Was at 20 yards and slightly quartering away. Put a rage behind the shoulder and blasted him. He spun ran the way he came. I waited 45 minutes before looking for first blood. I found my arrow broken 6-7 inches down. Waited 4 hours and myself and 3 others searched all day and never found a drop blood. I'm going to puke

6-7 inches right in the boiler room should be a dead deer. I'd continue searching. Look in thick junk and by water. Hopefully you can find him.

That's my thought as well. Was looking for coughed up blood or where he laid down. Nothing. How far could he have run?

Was the shot high at all? How high were you? If it was in the boiler room, you should have gotten all of one lung. Dead deer. No exit can sometime screw up blood trails. He could have gone a long ways especially if you bumped him without knowing.

If anything if would have a touch high. When I hit him I was thinking a 75 yard trail job, Loved the shot. In hindsight it could have been a few inches high. F

Were u in a tree? High shoulder shot from the ground may miss vitals. The same shot from an elevated position should at least catch the far side lung. But we're talking pretty darn high.

Top Bottom