Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lost property

Just got a text from the landowner today that I can't hunt anymore. No explanation given. I gave the spot up I used on the local public to my son last year so I'm kind of out of options. Any suggestions out there? I'm in Warren county. This late in the year I'm not to confident any door knocking will work.

Door knocking can work anytime, so I wouldn't be afraid to ask. Otherwise I'm sure there's other decent public areas in Warren county.

Maybe better timing now than trying to talk to a farmer who's running a combine. Might try to stop by the local grain elevator at coffee time to ask around a bit.

I used to own land just west of Liberty Center, and I know some guys were getting permission to hunt on farms in that area. Try that area down to Lacona, I bet you will find someone that will let you bow hunt, shotgun might be tougher.

I don't do shotgun at all. Bow and late muzzleloader only. Actually crossbow now as I can't draw properly without dislocating my shoulder

Now is the time to ask if ask me . Most farmers are just watching the crop grow and for the most part aren't busy . Good luck , sometimes sucks swallowing your pride and making that journey up the front door.

Top Bottom