Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

loud bow sounds

flugge

I got a quick question for a lot of you that shoot/tune bows. My bow is making a lot of loud noises while drawing. Just sounds like the string is really tight, strecthing, popping noises. It just started doing it...I dont know what it is, or what i did to get it doing it..any help would be great, and i am willing to drive a little ways to get it looked at if anyone thinks it is serious..thanks
Flugge

See if the noise is the coming from the cable guard when you draw back. Whatever lubricant they put on their can go away over time and it may need to be re-lubed. Not sure what they put on them, but I had a friend on mine have this problem in the middle of a hunting trip several years ago. We tried everything we had to fix it in the field but it made it worse. He took it to a bow shop when we got back and they squirted something on it and it went away. Maybe someone here knows what to squirt on it if thats your problem.

What kind of bow are you shooting? Have had a few hoyts come in that do this. Took the limbs off and relubed the bolts and put a tiny bit of wax where the pockets touch the limbs and it's usually gone for good. It can be many things ie. cable slide, axles, etc. Just need to do some tinkering to find it usually.

Haha, You know, I will take a loud bow over a Mathews any day :) haha, but all kidding aside, what i did was relube the cable guard slide and it has shutup..thanks for the help guys

Top Bottom