Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

"Lovstuen Buck" formerly know as . . .

G

As we all know history was made on September 29, 2003 by Tony Lovstuen for harvesting a new potential world record whitetail. The Lovstuen buck is one of the greatest whitetails to have been harvested by a hunter - not only because of his tremendous antler size but also because of the bucks great history and notoriety as well as the hunters/family that pursued this great animal for the past 3 years.

The true detail of the history will come out in due time through articles and even a book all written by Bill Winke.

Until then and at the families request let's refer to this legendary buck as the "Lovstuen Buck".

Here's a great composition of previousely posts/articles about the "Lovstuen Buck"

Enjoy!

History & Pictures

The Truth - Fact vs Fiction

In the News - Albia News Paper Report

News - Des Moines Register

News - ESPN.com

Other Misc Posts

2002 Shed
radio

initial reports

Historical Talk/Gossip

Post #1

Post #2

Post #3

Post #4

Post #5

post #6

Post #7

As you can see there has been much discussion over the years on the "Lovstuen Buck" formerly know as the Albia buck. It couldn't have ended any better - Congrats again Tony!

...for the uniformed (me) could you tell us how to pronounce "Lovstuen"?...
confused.gif

"Albia" sounds just fine to me. The animal was a product of it's environment and genetics, not the product of the fellow who happened to harvest it.

Sorry if you disagree with me but it seems to me like changing the name by which it has been referenced for this long is simply a play for fame and/or money or both.

The "Albia Buck" had a big reputation long before that individual happened to be in the right place and time to get lucky.

Old Farmer had a good observation on this when it was posted.Can Bass Pro change the recognition name back to the ALBIA BUCK if they now own it??I don't think they will do to respect, but it had a given name before the Lovstuen's temporarily had it in their possession.

I'd have to agree that it would almost be more fitting to honor the environment where the animal was produced and nurtured to its beautiful glory.

It's hard to watch ownership put on an animal but that's just me.

INMHO,

I completely agree, I cannot understand why human names should be put on ANY deer. Even for any type of recognition, they need to be named differenty, with a "taken by" .

To me human names on and outdoor critter is NOT showing respect to mother nature or the animal.

I dont hang my last name on the deer hanging on my wall. I also dont hang my name on the new state record shortnose gar I took while bowfishing this year.
JMO

OK I can't let this pass by without comment. A lot of hunters name thier trophy's after themselves, I neither agree nor disagree with this practice, I believe it is thier option to call it what ever they want. It does not change anything, It is still a trophy to them. Having "first hand knowledge" of this family I do know if it was to be done again, it would have been mounted, put on the family room wall and forgotten about. Everyone thinks you'll be rich when you take a trophy like this when in fact after all was said and done it cost them more then they got out of it, and that doesn't include the problems it created with family and friends, endless number of people stopping by to see at all hours of the day and nite. All week ends comsumed with shows etc. I know Tony and his family enjoyed sharing it with all of us. All the hard work, endless hours of tracking, photos etc, put an enormous strain on all the families involved. Let them call it what ever they want.
cool.gif

My apologies,
I guess maybe I was a little harsh with my opinion. Yoou made some good points. The way I should have worded my statement was, " I PERSONALLY dont agree with giving an animal a human name, but it has been done for a long time, so its just MY opinion"

Yes I do agree with you there, they did work hard for the deer and yes they should be able to hang any name on it. My apologies. I guess I was just looking at it from a different angle and being narrow minded.

Pat

Pat,
No apologies are needed, you have your opinion as does everyone else, if we all thought the same way what a strange/boring world we would live in.
[censored]
cool.gif

Now thats funny..."they" have censored my first name on last comment..D*ck we all know that is short for Richard LOL

Top Bottom