Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Low Life in Montour, Ia

F

fitzt

Went to go hunting yesterday.And found my nice 100.00 River Edge Ladder stand placed on Private Property gone.

I had it for almost 2 mts. What is it with people. Go out and get a job and buy your own.

Al I can say: Is that I would not want to hunt out of it. I have to beleive that God will make sure they see nothing good from it.

And people wonder why we say NO. When they ask to hunt.

Just wanted to let the word out....

Sorry to hear about that, I know the feeling. It sure is a shame if you feel the need to lock everything up tight on your own damn property. I doubt that it was someone who had permission to hunt on your property though, most of us are just overjoyed that landowners let us on their property. Do you have a big problem with trespassers?

I'm also sorry to here of your misfortune.I hunt near Montour Ia. on the river bottom.I have always used portables that I can take with me or even better is a couple naturals with screw ins to get up.Now that I here about theives in the area I don't think I will put in the ladder stand in that I was planing on puttting in.There are some hunters that go through my area.from time to time so I wont tempt them.It's tooo bad it's that way but'it is.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune it is to bad you can't hook up the stands to 220 then we would find the culprit laying there.

Sorry to hear about the stand, I've been hunting on private property for 4 years, and have lost 5 stands in that time. And have a on going battle with people trying to hunt there. So I feel your pain! There is no real solution to this problem, because the cowards that do it won't show their faces. But what I have found out over the years of hunting, that 9 times out of 10, it's someone that you know. Not a friend, just someone that is pissed that either you own the property, or you have permission! Kind of defines the word sportsman...Good luck, I hope you catch the punk!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kelcher:
Sorry to hear about that, I know the feeling. It sure is a shame if you feel the need to lock everything up tight on your own damn property. I doubt that it was someone who had permission to hunt on your property though, most of us are just overjoyed that landowners let us on their property. Do you have a big problem with trespassers?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not to tick anyone group off out there. But, shotgun season is the only time.
With the use of a landowners tag which I get for my property.
I have a tag during every season, between my private, and other property's I have permission to hunt.

It was stolen sometime between Dec 10 and the post date.

fitzt, that sucks big time, 2 months back it happened to me, I'll send you my un-opened 6-pak of WHOOP-ASS, and when you find that SOB , you can open a can ,and offer one up to him.In the ole days,people broke thier hands and fingers for stealing,usually their butt wiping hand, then when you smelled a stinky butt person,you knew he was also a THIEF......just my 2cents worth.......j.b.

I too, hunt around Montour on my grandfather's farm. Fortunately, none of my stands have been stolen by the hoards of local trespassing pheasant hunters. I think your best defense against theft is to have treestands that are less noticeable/obvious. I have however had one stand stolen in Huxley , while not 50 yards away stood a ladder stand. And that shoots my theory to $#*!. I guess the point is Trespassers SUCK.

Top Bottom