Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lubricant

kvschmid

What is an acceptable lubricant for a LW hang-on stand (least amount of scent). I was preparing some stand sites this weekend and when I pulled the base down I was welcomed with a loud squeak. I have also wondered about oiling the cam latchs on the LW climber. I thought with more use they might loosen up a bit but they are still pretty stiff.

Perhaps try some white lithium grease? I don't know what kind of scent this would put off, but I'm sure that it will take care of the problem, otherwise there is a powder that is used for lubrication... but the name is escaping me at the moment. I'd give about anything a shot, the small amount you are going to use, scentwise will not matter if your making all kinds of noise setting up. Just my .02$

Graphite maybe. There is also a white squeze bottle of stuff you can buy in the fishing section, I don't think there is much scent with that stuff at all. And its for fishing reels so the rain on hang-on stands shouldn't wear it off to quick.

Thanks for the ideas. I went to archery shop today and picked up some scentless oil. Got home to find that the stand doesn't squeak anymore. The only difference is it was 105 degrees Saturday and only in the 70's today. Maybe the heat swelled up the plastic washer on the LW base enough Saturday to cause it to squeak. No harm done though as it probably wouldn't hurt to do a little maintenance on everything.

Top Bottom