Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

LUCK was on my side today

MuzzHunter

On a 20ft High
Well this morning me and my dad headed out to the woods. We were running a little late getting into the woods. We walked down to where my dad was going to sit on a small ridge and then I headed two ridges over from him. As soon I got setup, there was one all fired up on the neighbors property. When he flew down he went the opposite way. I knew he was just going out in the pasture to strut a little and sure enough about a half hour later I heard gobbles working back towards me. Then he got quiet for awhile then started gobbling again, this time he was on the next ridge straight south of me on my side of the fence. I called to him a little, he wouldn't respond, then I gave a couple more yelps and this time his gobble was closer, so I got ready thinking he might pop up anytime, then he just decided to hang-up about 80yds away just gobbling like crazy, every 30 seconds he would let one go, but he wouldn't answer the call much. He did this for about half hour to 45 min. Then I decided to switch my mouth call with a different one, once I did that he started gobbling after every call I made with this call. Then all of a sudden he just shut-up and didn't gobble, I thought for sure I messed up. I waited about another 15 minutes and heard nothing. About this time I thought my bladder was going to blow. So I started to get up on my knees and just as I was about to stand up, the bird gobbled right behind me, it scared the crap out of me. So I sat back down and luckily his head was behind a tree so he didn't see me. I gave some soft yelps and he turned back around from where he came from. As soon as he stepped behind a big oak I got ready for the shot. It was about 55yds and as soon as he stepped in my shooting hole I picked, I cackled at him and his neck went straight up. I put the bead on him and BOOM!!! He dropped like a ton of bricks. I was pretty pumped. He weighed 23 1/4 lbs, has 2 beards both 6 1/2in long, and has 7/8in spurs.

3570Double_Bearder.jpg

Top Bottom