Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Luring in the Monsters during Muzzy

I-state_hunters

So I am out this week muzzleloading after work. I have a monster buck on my camera but is not patternable. Any advise on getting the monster bucks close enough to shoot during early muzzleloader?

My stand is on the edge of the timber with the picture of him within 40 yards of the stand (in the timber). This year the cut field next to the stand is beans and planted rye grass.

Thanks for the advise.

I would try some contact calling and maybe a decoy and hope that he is territorial and will come to investigate. That would be after several nights of lying in wait with no success.

I plan to use a decoy this week. If a comes within eyesight, more than likely he will come investigate. Flambeu Boss

I wouldn't be afraid to give a few grunts and even some light rattling. The bucks seem to be getting into the mood but the doe aren't interested yet(seems a lot like home).

Well, Tuesday night just sat with all the wind we had, had a lot of doe activity but the big boy didnt show. Last night went with some scents and did some grunting at a non-shooter buck but had no response.

Hopefully there'll be a success story this weekend.

Top Bottom