Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

LW Climber & Foot Rest

kvschmid

Yesterday I decided to take the sit & climb top rather than the hand climber as I wanted to sit all day. Problem is the foot rest when folded back does not clear the frame resulting in the top not packing as snug as it did in the past. Anyone else notice this? If I move the location of the mounting hole further forward it would allow it to fold flat like on the alpha but when extended (in use) it will be closer to the body (bad). So I am thinking about either cutting it and redrilling the mounting hole on the foot rest or just bending it. Any ideas?

I will say that it was pretty comfy as I contemplated sleeping more than once. It would be nice if the seat was bit wider as I can barely get my rear end in there.

Before cutting or bending call Lone Wolf they will be more than happy to suggest a solution. They have great customer service and will be glad to help.

I have to agree with you about the narrowness of the seat frame, and I spoke to Andre about this at a recent show. You've got a stand rated for #350 lbs, yet I don't know too many guys that big with that narrow of a a$$!!
nono.gif

I'm a big boy myself (300+) and I'm o.k. with it in the early season, (barely, and Ya gotta be careful snagging your pockets on the knobs) but once it gets cold enough to start layering up the clothes or wearing my Heater Body Suit, there's just NO WAY....so it's time to use the Summit Goliath!

I like that stand, (for the seat width and comfort the most) but prefer the Lone Wolf. Man, if you're gonna make a stand that will hold me, make it so it won't hold ON to me!!
grin.gif

As for the footrests, I personally don't see where that extra 1-1.5" of difference in stand compactness much matters compared to the comfort benefits of the footrests in the proper position.

But, that's just me...Remember, I'm #300+ and pack around a LOT bulkier GOLIATH!! What do I know??!!
doah.gif

Andrae has a "proto-type" that accomodates the WIDELY challenged. I sold mine for the same reason. Once they begin production I will have another one.

Called LW today, Andrae was out on a hunt til Friday so I thought I'd hear back next week sometime (no problem). Low and behold he returns the call today around noon less than an hour later - incredible. He suggested either cutting it a bit shorter, packing the top on the back side of the bottom, or packing the top and then bringing the foot rests back. I'll play around with it tonight. If I pack it on the back I'll remove the backpack straps but that's not a problem as I haven't used them this year due to the Badlands 2200. If I'm running in for a quick hunt w/o a pack I can just carry it by hand.

He is still excited about the alpha assualt which I ordered this summer and said he is on a big one in Illinois this week, something about it being a lot bigger than the one he got in Wisconsin (pics should be in the PMA somewhere if I remember correctly).

Wish him the best of luck and talk about customer service on a stupid foot rest.

Hey Ryan, I "RESEMBLE" that remark!!
grin.gif

You can bet I'll have one of them too, it'll make a great stand nearly perfect!

Top Bottom