Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

LWCG 0.5 OR .75.

DOR

Life Member
Which one would you buy and with which seat?

I have gift certificates, so has to be LWCG.

Thinking of pairing with the solid 20 inch double steps.

Im currently running a close to 20 year LW and sticks.

Thoughts?

If the $100 extra doesn't matter to you, then go with the .75. The .5 is awesome and super light and packable, but it is pretty dang small. I'm not a big guy and it was noticeable on any sit longer than 3-4 hours or in a tree that leaned awkwardly. I would have really liked a slightly larger seat and a few more inches on the platform.

I tried standing on the .5 at the classic. Even on the floor I was like "no freaking way Mr Bill". I still prefer Dan Infants "Beast Stand" as it's longer and my toes don't hang over.

Depends on what you are wanting the stand for. Short hunts or all day hunts. What is your stature will also make a difference. I have the 1.0 for shorter October hunts and the 2.0 for all day rut hunts.
I’m too tall for the 0.5. On the seat both of mine are stock seats and the price of the mesh seat has turned me off to it.

I have a .5. After saddle hunting the last two years I don't mind the small platform space. It's definitely a minimalist stand though, so it's not built for comfort, but hard to beat that weight..

Unless you're very tall (like 6"4+) I wouldn't get the tall seat post (22"), the standard height, (18") is fine. As for the seat I got the medium size and it reminds me of the same size as my old alpha seat. I'd avoid the mesh seat as it is a welded part, which has been a problem area for some guys. I can't speak for the .75, but I'd say if you're an occasional hang and hunter then that might be the better option. If you hang and hunt exclusively like me, then I prefer the ease of carry and setup over the larger platform area of the .75.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom