Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

M--T SPORT--------BY HOYT

jaybeee

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THE NEW HOYT BOWS - THE M-T SPORT IS WORTH THE MONEY, AND IF IT SHOOTS FAST , AND HOW DOES IT COMPARE TO OTHE HOYT BOWS, LIKE THE CYBERTECH OR MAGNATECH? WHEN DO THEY COME OUT WITH THE NEW MODELS EACH YEAR?....THANKS FOR YOUR HELP......NEED TO BUY A LEFT-HANDED FOR THE 14YR OLD BOY AND A RIGHTY FOR MYSELF, PLEASE DONT MENTION MATHEWS , AS I HAVE TO PLAY THE NUMBERS GAME,I'M NOT A RICH MAN, JUST TRYING TO JUSTIFY THE #'S TO THE WIFE. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME............J.B.

Jaybee,

The MT Sport and Magnatec are a step or two under the Cybertec, I think the main differences are limb construction and the riser, the MT and Magna being cast and the Cyber, Ultra, Hyper, and Vortec are machined aluminum. I'm not 100% sure on that so somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Back to your question, as far as shootability the MT Sport or Magnatec would be just fine with good tuning and practice, and at a relatively reasonable price. A buddy of mine shot his first P&Y buck last year with his MT Sport and he's completely satisfied with it's performance, it's got plenty of speed for whitetail hunting. If you've got more questions give Central Iowa Archery a call, they have a really knowledgable staff and will point you in the right direction. Hope this helps.

MT Sports are very good bows put out to be less expensive in the Hoyt line. We sell a very nice MT Sport package at Scheel's and anyone who buys one hasn't brought them back yet. For around $400 it's an awesome deal, if you could talk the wife up the Hoyts with the laminated limbs you'd be in better shape but if $$$ is tight you won't be disappointed with the MT Sport. When I'm working I pull a HavoTEC down and let them shoot either one, personally I like the Havoc better due to the laminated limbs but for the most part the bows are very similar if you're looking for a shorter axle to axle bow...the big difference being the price. Havoc $600+ for just the bow and the MT for about $400 IN A PACKAGE!!! Good luck with what you decide, if you go with the MT you WON'T be disappointed.

I bought two MT sports last year. One for myself and one for my fourteen year old. I have moved him into my bow and his younger brother into his already. I really liked shooting mine and my sons are both enjoying theirs. I bought a used Havoc to replace mine and like it as well. I was shooting about 255fps at about 63-64lbs draw. I don't remember the arrow weight but do remember that I had enough energy for a mechanical broadhead. My son at a lighter draw weight,47lbs, was shooting around 235fps. Not enough energy for a mechanical. Central Iowa Archery took care of us very well and I would second the earlier comment encouraging you to check them out.

thanks guys.....is it true you can get a decent trade in for your old bow at fin and feather in Iowa City? What about shooting my old arrows for my new bow.....65# @28in.draw,release aide.......Im shooting 2315's now, I really like shootin alum-arrows verses carbon ,also shootin 125 thunderheads supremes they make big holes,and good trails.....thanks for your time .......jb

Top Bottom