Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Making a Mathews quieter?

Fishbonker

Life Member
What type of extra silencing equipment do you use with your Mathews bow? I use an SQ2 and I'm always looking for anyhting that makes my shots quieter, if it is worth it. I thought Limb Savers were for split limb bows, will they be of any benefit on my SQ2? How about stabilizers? I read the post below about SIMS and I wondered if there was anything out there that would make my bow even quieter than it already is.

The 'Bonker

Yes, limb savers will help and they make them for solid limb bows also.You stick them on your limbs,they have adhesive on the back side of them.I have a Q2 and have the limb savers and also use the cable dampeners.I have not tried the string leaches yet but will put some on before season starts. I have heard they work well but dont last to long.

I have limb savers on my SQ2 and I think they help. I also have the usual "cat whisker" string silencers and they help a lot too. I haven't tried the leeches either, but I also heard that they don't last long.

I also have a SQ2. The limb savers work great and the wiskers work great. I tried the string leaches and didn't think much of them, wiskers are better for me. I also put some Sims cable guard dampners on mine and that seemed to help some. As far as stableizers, take your pick, there is about a hundred of them. I use one made by sims. It works well but I think it needs more weight. I still have a bit of string twang but you can't hear it unles your the shooter. Also, since we are talking about this, I was told at the bow shop that I only needed a wisker at the cam side because that is were the string twang is comeing from due to the cam. He said there wasn't any noise generated by the round wheel. I still put two on but it has me thinking.

Good luck on your set-up
wink.gif

I was at scheels today and I noticed a new package of limb savers the sting leaches and they are guaranteed to last you over 1,000 shots for 10 bucks and i have them on my bow and they really do shut the string up pretty good!

BOWHUNTINFOOL

Top Bottom