Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Making the switch to digital

pwrgraphics

PMA Member
I've been using the cheap Stealth Cams for the past couple of years. They take pretty good pic. if you know how to use them. I have always known that a digital would pay for itself in the long run. I've had a cheapo stolen already and the thought of a digital getting ripped makes me cringe. I pulled one of my film cameras even though it only has 11 pics on it, too much anticipation! The thought of driving a half an hour to a Walmart with 1 hour gets me. I think I'm going to take the chance buy a digital. I know there is a web site i've seen that is a game camera review site. Does anyone know the name for me to check out. Also, I've been hearing some of you guys complaining about the new Cuddebacks. Saying the older ones are better? What are some of the others out there? I'm looking for a pretty good all around camera. I'd be open to one of the homemade cameras also if that is what is mostly reccommended.
Thanks

Chad,

Once you make the switch you will be kicking yourself that you waited so long to go digital.

No more Walmart and waiting. Change out the memory card and batteries and head back home to your computer. Instant gratification!
evil.gif

I have some Cuddebacks, new and old, and some homebrews (Vman and Shredder...guys on this site built).

Honestly, the homebrews with the Sony P-41 camera is just unbeatable as far as the quality of the pictures and the functionality of the camera.

Shoot me a PM if you live in SE Iowa and maybe I can help.

[ QUOTE ]
No more Walmart and waiting. Change out the memory card and batteries and head back home to your computer. Instant gratification!

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you can't wait that long so you take the laptop with you!

You are going to be wondering why you waited so long.

I have a similar situation as you. I have had a couple stealth cams stolen and have witched over to Moultree digitals. You can buy them for $100 or so, then get an SD card and a rechargable battery and charger and you still have well under $200 in them.

Here's my system. I have three cameras, six SD cards and four rechargable batteries. This way I can have all three cameras working at all times. I just stick the SD cards in my jacket pocket and change them out every couple days when I check the cameras. I charge one battery overnight, and as soon as a battery in a camera shows signs of starting to go down, I switch it out and charge it overnight. This way I can keep three cameras working at all times.

Top Bottom