Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Management Decisions

"I dont think the bonus sesaons are gonna have much effect on the deer population,most people already have a freezer full of deer well before they open". Those are your words buckknife. What would you say about these bonus seasons to the folks that lost their child?

Your anthing goes mentality is not one we all share. And by looking at the number of posts you have made regarding this particular subject, you are making as a big a ruckus about it as any of us. The only difference is that you disagree with 99% of the people on this site. Don't expect everyone to share your point of view. I am not going to sit around with my head in the sand and watch something that is important to me be screwed up by folks making irrational decisions in an effort to keep their jobs. When the big money like the insurance companies start hollering at the lawmakers to get something done, those lawmakers start hollering at the dnr to do it. If they don't, they will find somebody that will. My problem is not with the effort to reduce the deer herd, it is with the way that the dnr is going to do it. I am sorry about your friends child. Unfortunately, bad things happen to good people every second of everyday.

shocked.gif
well excuse me for liven.Unlike you i am not a selfish hunter,im willing to share hunting privlages with other hunters.
Be terrible if you would have to use your hunting skills more to get a buck rather than relying on the sheer numbers to make it easyer for you.
smirk.gif

I will say no more,i can see i am in the company of a heap big trophy hunter,who is just plain selfish
ooo.gif

How am I being selfish? At what point would you ever say enough is enough? As for my skills. Well, I am not the best hunter out there for sure. I do okay though. I wouldn't consider myself a trophy hunter, rather a hunter that has gotten to a point that just shooting any deer with any weapon at any time is not important to me. A B.S. in Wildlife Biology and common sense has taught me that the recent decisions of this "committee" are not in the best interest of the deer herd. They are however being done to please those certain political influences that have lots of money. I am not being selfish. I am looking at the reality of the situation. When you get to a certain point in your hunting career you will realize that selfishness is not what puts a big buck down.

Did you complain when inline muzzle loaders where brought into the muzzle loading season?
Did you complain when compound bows were brought into the archery season?
They are accepeted now just like they were always here.At one time someone someware was thinking how much is enough back then also.
and if the selfish people had there way every body would shoot a stick bow or a flintlock.
There really is no reason that iowa couldnt not have a centerfire rifle season,the only thing stoping it is selfish trophy hunters who dont want to give up any of there presious bow season.
I know no one on this web site shares my views,and i havnt seen any one yet here that likes the idea of new seasons besides me.I thought some of you would like to hear another hunters views besides all yours own,but then i guess not.
from the poeple i have talk to,not from the web but face to face,a few may hunt the late high power if it exsist,and none are sure of the 3 day season.Most will get the land owners tag if they hunt them at all.
I dont think there will be the big slaughter your all fearen.

Top Bottom