Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Marion County Hunters Zone 5

B

Brady

Hello all. I'm new to this site and was just wondering if anyone hunted Marion county around Knoxville? A good buddy of mine has invited me up for a hunt next year and I was just curious how everyone did this year.

This is a great site not only for Iowa info. but just good hunting info. in general.

Thanks,

Brady

hi brady i live in marion co. bout 15 miles from k'ville. lot of good hunting here u won't be disappointed. make the trip

Thanks a lot. I'm so pumped about being able to hunt in a different state. I've been hunting hard since October and I'm already for the next season to be here.

We are planning on coming up in the Spring to look for sheds and scout the property. What would be a good time?

Thanks,

well sheds are starting to drop now ,odd year .late feb or march would be the best as far as weather

Brady,
I see some of your interests include quail hunting. We hunted in Kansas a little over a month ago for ducks,geese, quail. We were contemplating a Texas quail hunt, haven't done much research any suggestions.

BTW I used to hunt in Marion Co. you won't be dissapointed.
Pupster

Brady,
Great area, just watch out for those little cars with no doors and a funny looking top.
grin.gif

Pupster,
Shoot me an email. I am curious about how you did in Kansas. Thanks.

[email protected]

Limb,
I sent one and it came back to me. Something about being truncated?!? I'm no guru but did you give me the correct address?

Did you try to send a picture or an attachment of some sort? If so it may have been too big.

The address is correct. Try again and if it doesn't work let me know and I will give you another address to try.

Sorry about ruining the thread topic.

I tried both. First was with an attachment (picture), second time just text, neither worked.
Pupster

Bowhunt, my buddy's family owns the land and that's how I know of the area. I have exchanged emails with a fellow from Wisconsin who hunts family land in the Knoxville area.

Pupster, I used to hunt all the time on my grandparent's land until they cleared all the brush off for cattle. Major bummer, because there were quail everywhere!!! And they tast great!

Limbchick, no apology needed..
wink.gif

I went on the DNR website and it looks like we'll have a 60.1% chance of drawing a non-resident tag based on last years allocation/application numbers. I'm new to this whole drawing a tag thing... Basically I have permission to hunt private land, but the state is going to tell me I have to draw a tag first?? Just have to keep my fingers crossed.

Brady, I have been looking for info on the chances of drawing a tag and I cant find any. where did you find that 60% chance?

Rack,

I was on the Iowa DNR website earlier this week and kept clicking on the main links under hunting and finally came across the tag allocation/application numbers for every zone. I just tried to go back an provide a link, but now I can't find my way back.

Sorry man.

Top Bottom