Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Marlin's Dall Sheep and Moose

M

master_bowhunter

Hey guys, Marlin (my dad) just got back from his hunts and was lucky enough to harvest two nice animals. Thought you guys might want to see the pictures.
Dads_Dall_Sheep.JPG
dads_moose_2.JPG

hoofline.gif

A couple of wonderful memories I am sure, tell your dad Congrats. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? >>>>>Details Here!<<<<< Join now and you are automatically entered into the 2008 Big Buck Contest!

11.jpg

Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iowabruce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that's awesome, beautiful country too! Congrats to your
Dad. </div></div>

I agree!

The background in the top pic is so cool it almost doesn't look real.

Holy smokes! That is a trip dreams are made of! Congrats to your pops /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Both of the hunts took place in Alaska. They were both bow hunts but he had to end up shooting them with a rifle. On the sheep hunt he wasn't able to stock close enough to get within bow range. So finally on the latter days of the trip his outfitter told him just to shoot one with the rifle. On the moose hunt he had no problem getting close enough for a shot with his bow but it was really brushy and couldn't get a clear shot. If you look at the picture they had to cut brush away just to take pictures. So he didn't want to let a bull of that size get away so he ended up taking it with his rifle at 30 yards! The moose ended up being 60 inches and I'm not sure on exactly what the sheep ended up scoring. It was a full curl though. Even though he had to take them with his rifle he was very pleased on how both of his hunts turned out.

Top Bottom