Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Maryland Monster (DOWN)

Very cool. I remember you posting the trail cam pics of this deer. What a finish!! He will look great on the wall.

[ QUOTE ]
You guys will have to see the DVD to catch the story on this guy

[/ QUOTE ]
Great Buck, great job to all involved.
laugh.gif

I'll play devil's advocate a little bit and say this though. If I wind up knocking down a hawg this year and throw some pics up on here, nobody and I mean nobody will have to buy anything to get the story out of me. Sorry to sound like a jerk but what's next, Kisky, Lakosky, Jordan, Waddell, throwing pics up here and saying send $$.
confused.gif

Like I said, I don't want to be a jerk but I'm just thinking I'm not the only guy who comes to this site to see real people getting it done and hearing about it.

Once again, great buck, kudos to all invloved. I'll quit my ramble.
smirk.gif
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Saskguy. I'd think you'd wanna write the story and write it well to get me all pumped up to buy the DVD to see it too.

But thats just me I suppose.

The 'Bonker

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You guys will have to see the DVD to catch the story on this guy

[/ QUOTE ]
Great Buck, great job to all involved.
laugh.gif

I'll play devil's advocate a little bit and say this though. If I wind up knocking down a hawg this year and throw some pics up on here, nobody and I mean nobody will have to buy anything to get the story out of me. Sorry to sound like a jerk but what's next, Kisky, Lakosky, Jordan, Waddell, throwing pics up here and saying send $$.
confused.gif

Like I said, I don't want to be a jerk but I'm just thinking I'm not the only guy who comes to this site to see real people getting it done and hearing about it.

Once again, great buck, kudos to all invloved. I'll quit my ramble.
smirk.gif
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Great deer though.

Sorry for all that, I geuss that I should have kept this one on the down and low.

Our pro staffer here in Maryland killed this deer and I think he would rather tell the right story rather than me tell the story a little wrong or leave out important parts. If it was not a deer of this caliber I would'nt have a problem sharing the story with you.

Once again sorry for all the problems I have caused.

Did you make sure it was alright to post the picture on the website. You hate to piss the guy off that killed the deer.

I couldn't agree more with Saskguy. I visit this site to get away from the commercialization of deer hunting and to hear real hunters share their stories about their harvest, in their words.
It is disappointing to be brought along for the excitement of the trail cams, then the harvest photos, only to hear that we're going to have to "pay" to hear more about the harvest story and this great deer.
I share my photos and stories with the people on this site b/c they're all whitetail addicts like me, and love a good deer story, not b/c they're trying to make a $ off of me.
Not to take anything away from this great deer, but, there will be many more deer of this "caliber" taken by the very readers/authors of this site, it happens every year. I can't wait to log on every day during November to see who's just scored on their "buck of a lifetime" and read their story. That's what this site is all about.
Congrats on the harvest of a great buck, but, please save the solicitations for another site.

Ryan

Nice Deer!! But i agree nothing so great that i would need to pay $$ for. But i understand guys working hard at their business and sport and trying to get a paycheck out of the deal!!

[ QUOTE ]
But i understand guys working hard at their business and sport and trying to get a paycheck out of the deal!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Truer words may never have been spoken, however, I don't see this as the place to be peddling his products. Granted, I don't have much say here but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he's probably got his own website for that purpose. Kaare, I'm on board with you 110%!
-Longspurs-

First off, you guys can talk to me one on one rather than in third person.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see this as the place to be peddling his products

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not aware that everyone was going to react this way. I come to this site for the same reasons you do and I love to see and hear the stories behind your harvest's.

As far as this being a business stand point, I am not in this for the money. I'm am doing this for the one thing in life that I love the most, and that is hunting. If you think that I receive a check at the end on the month, I don't. Of course I would love it if you guys would purchase DVD's from me, but hey, no sweat if you dont.

I'll talk to you one on one. First off, sorry if I upset you or seemed like I was making a personal attack that wasn't the case. I am just very interested in hearing more about that harvest, it is a great buck. The trail cam pics got me excited so did the harvest photos. However, I am not going to buy a dvd just to get the whole story. I think you can agree that when OneCam, or LimbChicken or Ghost or OldBuck (the list goes on) kills another hawg whitetail this year, you'd be disappointed if they chose to not give any story but instead mentioned the only way to hear more would be to buy a dvd. I get more great buck photos and harvest stories out of this site each year than any dvd I've ever bought and quite frankly I like it that way. Nothing personal towards you, I know why you're in it, the same reason we are. Surely b/c you are you can understand one's disappointment.
confused.gif

Hey Droptine, what kind of camera is that you are holding in the picture? I'm looking to purchase one for this year to video a few hunts, and I'm just curious what everybody uses. Thanks.

Top Bottom