Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mathews Creed

If anybody is looking to try something different you should go and shoot the Elite Energy, smoothest bow i have shot and the back wall is extremely solid to the point where you almost totally relax you arm. As soon as I sell my Bowtech Destroyer I'll be getting one of those.

I am going to try something with binary cams, either a Bowtech or an Elite I think. I have been a Mathews guys, but looking at the science behind the binary cams and how much string you have to run on your Mathews solo cams in my opinion, it is hard not to get cam lean on those things with the higher speeds they are trying to shoot through them.

I did love my Heli-M though.

If anybody is looking to try something different you should go and shoot the Elite Energy, smoothest bow i have shot and the back wall is extremely solid to the point where you almost totally relax you arm. As soon as I sell my Bowtech Destroyer I'll be getting one of those.

I agree. Mathews isn't the top dog of bows anymore. Several other brands out there that are just as good. Don't count out Elite, Hoyt, PSE, Bowtech, Bear... all make good bows. Just depends on what you're looking for.

As many have stated, you need to shoot a few different bows and buy the one that feels good to you and fits you the best. That being said, I own a Creed and have shoot numerous deer in the past 2 seasons with it, it is a great hunting bow and target bow. Mine is deadly, has a smooth, is forgiving and most importantly the weight of the bow is ideal for me. Good Luck on your quest.

I shoot the original creed when it first came and it was smooth and dead in the hand. I haven't had a chance to shoot the XS but I imagine it's the same just in a smaller package. I've always been a fan of Mathews bows since I'm a 'smooth draw cycle' sort of guy. I just can't get myself to spend the $900+ on the bow when my 2008 Ross Cardiac has been working the last 4 years or so. If you were in the market for a new Mathews, I would say the Creed is an excellent choice.

I've shot the Elite GT500 since 2009. Great bow hence why I'm still shooting it.

Here's my explanation of what I was saying about a Mathews bow.

The first 3/4 of the entire draw cycle is the smoothest in the industry. It's really a silky beautiful thing. Hands down the best. Now I don't know the science behind this but when you get towards full draw the cams roll over into the back wall. That's where my issues occur. It's such a smooth consistent pull and then it's like the leftoff kicks in. You go from pulling a very large weight to 80% less all at once. There is a couple inch gap between that cam roll and the back wall. Your using all your energy to draw that heavy weight then it goes away and you hammer into a reasonably stiff back wall. It's a major shoulder strain.

Now for more positive. The hand shock is very low in a Mathews. Much less than my elite. The other positive is the ability to hold at full draw. You can relax more with any other bow compared to the elite. If I relax a millimeter my cams are coming over. This is the biggest downside to an elite IMO.

The elite total draw cycle and back wall are industry leaders IMO.

Mathews has the best front end draw and low hand shock.

I'd also recommend shooting the Hoyt's. I just shot the carbon spyder, Faktor and charger.

I'd rank the spyder 3rd because I didn't see any improvement over the other bows for the cost except weight.

I did like faktor but I don't see 600 bucks worth of advancements over the charger.

The big complaint I have with Hoyt is their spongy back wall. If they could lock that up I would buy one in a heart beat. The draw was very good and the ability to relax at full draw was unmatched.

It's just one guys opinion, but I figured I'd explain it a little better.

Back in the late summer I went to scheels and shot nearly every bow they old...Now let me tell you that this was while I was still living in North Dakota...NOT A BOW HUNTERS STATE!!!....I shot the Creed and while it was ok there was just something I didnt like about it....after that experience I called my old bow dealer back in MI and asked him about the Creed and told him what I found when I shot it....Now he was in complete awe because he said everyone including himself found this to be different..I do plan on shooting just about every bow that Archery Field and Sports has to offer...but I am still sure I will be getting the Creed but we will see I guess

I remember back when I lived in Michigan and was very into bowhunting, I went out and bought the best bow possible IMO at that time...Mathews Outback..I remember saying to my dad that I couldnt believe we were spending 650$ on a bow.....Now they are 900$...my how the times have changed..still wish i had that old outback!

Don't got it from Archery field and sports though, they jack up the price 50-100 bucks. I bought my brute there and paid 550 for it. Granted you get a 7 day shooting pass and they will also work on your bow, but scheels can work on one for free.

Don't got it from Archery field and sports though, they jack up the price 50-100 bucks. I bought my brute there and paid 550 for it. Granted you get a 7 day shooting pass and they will also work on your bow, but scheels can work on one for free.

Id rather buy from an archery shop all day...and Ill be buying two bows fully set up...ill have a little bargaining power!:D

I've shot the Elite GT500 since 2009. Great bow hence why I'm still shooting it.

Here's my explanation of what I was saying about a Mathews bow.

The first 3/4 of the entire draw cycle is the smoothest in the industry. It's really a silky beautiful thing. Hands down the best. Now I don't know the science behind this but when you get towards full draw the cams roll over into the back wall. That's where my issues occur. It's such a smooth consistent pull and then it's like the leftoff kicks in. You go from pulling a very large weight to 80% less all at once. There is a couple inch gap between that cam roll and the back wall. Your using all your energy to draw that heavy weight then it goes away and you hammer into a reasonably stiff back wall. It's a major shoulder strain.

Now for more positive. The hand shock is very low in a Mathews. Much less than my elite. The other positive is the ability to hold at full draw. You can relax more with any other bow compared to the elite. If I relax a millimeter my cams are coming over. This is the biggest downside to an elite IMO.

The elite total draw cycle and back wall are industry leaders IMO.

Mathews has the best front end draw and low hand shock.

I'd also recommend shooting the Hoyt's. I just shot the carbon spyder, Faktor and charger.

I'd rank the spyder 3rd because I didn't see any improvement over the other bows for the cost except weight.

I did like faktor but I don't see 600 bucks worth of advancements over the charger.

The big complaint I have with Hoyt is their spongy back wall. If they could lock that up I would buy one in a heart beat. The draw was very good and the ability to relax at full draw was unmatched.

It's just one guys opinion, but I figured I'd explain it a little better.

Go shoot the new Elites. There is zero handshock. Less than anything I've ever touched. As far as creep. The new bows do not want to go at all. You can hold all day. This is what Elite is going for. The most shootable bow on the market. I've shot every Elite since 08' nothing compares to the 2014's.

I'm biased YES. But I've shot a lot of different bows and feel the new Elite Energies are as good as it gets.

Johnson, I agree with you 100% on creep. Can you tell me about what the speed would be on the new 2014 with a 27" draw 60# 325gr. arrow. Thanks

I,m an older bowhunter,shooting the Mathews chill meets my needs,60 pnds maximum pnds pull,i still get good speed enough to kill turks and deer with no problem. But its all in what you like!

I think the extra that you pay to get someone that will spend the extra time with you to set it up as you would like and tune it appropriately is worth every penny. Scheels associates to me always seem like they don't have the time of day to help me and just try to get something g done as quickly as possibly. I'll go to a shop over scheels any day. Just my opinion

I love my Creed. Shot a DXT for years, killed some good deer with it. Now that I bought my Creed, I'm set. Best move I ever made! Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Top Bottom