Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mathews MQ1 or Outback

Bighole

Just wondering what some of your opinions might be. I have an MQ 1 that is a great bow, a freind is interested in buying it from me. It's proably gonna cost me $400-500 to upgrade to the Outback. Is there that much difference in the technology between the two bows? Is it worth it?

The MQ1 is probably one of the best bows that Mathews has ever produced and still is a great bow. In my opinion however the Outback would be worth the upgrade or at least shoot it and decide for yourself.
waytogo.gif

ditto on what Limb said. I can't say that it is worth 400-500 to upgrade though. It is an amazing bow, no doubt, but if you are completely happy with the MQ1, that would be a lot of money to upgrade. Good luck on your decision.

A little more speed and a smoother draw because of the hp cam, a new limb pocket and different camo...for the low low cost of $4-500; glad I don't have to make the choice.

I can tell you nobody has been disapointed w/ the Outback that has bought it.
beerchug.gif

I love my MQ1, I've looked at several different bow but always have gone back to the MQ1. Very good bow!!!!!!!

I have a buddy who gets a new Matthews bow every year or so and while they are great bows (he's shooting the outback right now) he's a lot poorer than me. i've stuck with my Q2 for four years now and I still absolutely love it. Matthews bows are like computers to me, pretty soon after you buy one it will be "obsolete" so I got one I really liked and I'll shoot it 'til the cam falls off!
grin.gif
My advice, if you like your bow a lot stick with it. If you'd feel more confident with the Outback, buy it, but then stick with it for good.

My dad has a Mq1 and he has went to a recurve. Maybe you can try that.
cool.gif
The MQ1 is still the killiing bow though. the recurve has become a past tiem. Hes consumed by the recurve though. its a lot of fun to shoot. not much of an upgrade though:)

I'll just say that I really do like my Outback, BUT, I do miss my old Feathermax at times. The Outback is a great bow, no doubt about that, but sometimes there's a bow that you have so much history with that it becomes a part of you. That was my Feathermax. It never let me down, ever. I guess the lure of having something new and the "latest greatest" gizmo made me want to retire "Ol Rusty" and go for the new thing. I still have the F-Max, in fact my youngest brother is shooting it now. I hope he gets his first bow kill with it this year. That would make giving it up a little easier.
crazy.gif

Top Bottom