Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mathews Prices

mole

I was wondering how Mathews prices their bows. I was on another site yesterday and they were talking about paying $575-600 for a new Outback. Here in Central Iowa I've never seen one below $700. Why the big price difference? Anyone know?

mole

Every bow on the market is overpriced but I think different dealers fall into differt price categories based on the number of bow sales or purchases. Some dealers just go with the suggested retail put out by the bow companies....some are priced lower to move more bows thru the shop.

in order to get quality shooting equipment you have to pay top dollar...its just the law of the jungle..
you wouldnt want a jaguar and expect to pay compact car prices would you ?

even though i dont shoot Mathews , i do shoot Hoyt and i like the feel and quality i get when i pay top dollar for quality machined shooting equipment..

if you really want a new rig and are willing to save a little im sure you wont be disappointed when you do save enough to buy a top dollar bow.. the performance is just so much better...

now thats not saying that the shooter doesnt make a differance , because he does.. but if you have good shooting form and can pay for the top bows you will see a huge improvement over lesser bows...

Shoot Strong
Tony

ok..thinking about bow hunting next year, anyone have an opinion on what would be a good set up for a first timer, wheres the best or good place to shop for one, DM area

petrblt - Go over to CIA on Ne Broadway. Ask for Brady or Brad. They carry most bow lines for you to try out, and they have a range to practice on. Very good service.
Good Luck

Having worked in the archery business for a awhile, you need to consider the fact that a shop is trying to stay open. There is a nice mark up on archery equipment including bows. BUT and this is a huge BUTT... in order to have any business, you need to carry alot of knick knack items. A very broad range of merchandice from many quality rests to sights to bows, not to mention all the dozens of types of arrows that everyone shoots. Literally there is no way to buy a "lot" of bows to get a reduced price, or a "lot" of arrows to get the same. In other words, trying to carry everything everyone wants is incredibly difficult and expensive. So to cover the intitials, the mark up on everything is used.

One needs to realize when you pay top dollar for a quality bow, you are paying for service after the sale. For that matter, nearly any bow bought in a pro shop should include service afterwards. Dont balk at too many high prices, simply because the pro shop owner is trying to compete and stay open by making a profit. My guess is the cheaper priced places you spoke of is a corporate type of business that can afford to buy bows in a "bulk" quantity and sell at an under average retail rate. I would bet to say if Mathews would vend to Wal Mart the Outback would be priced close to $450 - $500. BUTT what kinda service do you get? None???

In a nutshell, sometimes paying a higher dollar for a bow isnt all bad if the pro shop follows up on the service for a few years.

JMO

It is my understanding that all dealers are to have the same MSRP price on their bows, or if the get caught they will get their account yanked. I know this excludes new to you bows, or year old models. But everyone is supposed to be at the same retail price.
????????????

Supertec I was thinking the same thing.
confused.gif

Top Bottom