Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mathews Z7 Xtreme

Kutzke45

I'm looking at different bows to but and it's between the Mathews z7 Xtreme and the Hoyt Alphamax. I can purchase the Z7 for $600 and the Alphamax for $400. What is the better deal if any? I like how both of them shoot. I just can't decide. Of course spending 400 over 600 is always good. But the Z7 is 2 years newer as well. Any thought or opinions? Thanks everybody.

I've heard alphamax is a good bow. If I was in your shoes, I'd opt for the cheaper option. I still shoot my PSE, and It's near a decade old. What's important is how it feels to you and your general impression of it after shooting. Just think of all what you can buy for hunting with the extra two hundred!

If you shoot dead on with it, Like the feel of it, and it's in good condition why not opt for the cheaper version. At the end of the day, all that really matters is if your able to put deer down with it. But, I know what your dealing with. It's hard to ignore the allure of something "newer".

Last edited:
Consider weight, speed, and what's easiest/ cheapest to maintain. ALSO consider the type of hunting you do treestand, blind, spot and stalk, etc. JMO!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah something newer is always nice! I equally hunt in a stand and blind. The bow I have now is really long and awkward at some points. They both feel really nice when i shoot them. And to be honest if I had the money I'd get both!

Hard decision. Thats like choosing between Oreos and Ice Cream, which is how we have Cookies and Cream. LOL. I'd go with the Hoyt. $200 to me is a Qad Hdx or Sight or arrows or whatever.

Try putting all of your own stuff on each of them. Sights, stab, rest ect. and see which one shoots better for ya.

I made the decision to get the Hoyt. I recently found out it's the bone collector edition and it comes with a QAD rest and a stabilizer. So I'm going to get it Sunday! Thank you guys!

Kutzke45 said:
I made the decision to get the Hoyt. I recently found out it's the bone collector edition and it comes with a QAD rest and a stabilizer. So I'm going to get it Sunday! Thank you guys!

Good choice, now you have 200 extra for acessories or new arrows or a new string/cable set. Or bills, lol....

Or in my case, books for college hah. It has a new string so I only need a sight and arrows. To top it all of the string is green and black so the setup will look sick!

Top Bottom