Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mathews

W

whiskeybent & hellbound

Tomorrow mathews unveils their new line. Think there will be anything to make a fuss about?

By the way, Thank you iowawhitetail for my new hat. I wear it with pride.

I don't think there'll be anything to make a fuss about, but I'm sure Mathews will.
smile.gif
They'll have 4 page ads in every hunting magazine from here to Tim-buk-tu!! Check out the new Bowtech Extreme VFT, nice lookin and nice shootin bow. Also the PSE Team Primos bow is really good also, it's the best bow from PSE I've ever seen. I saw an ad the other day in Bowhunter or Deer & Deer Hutning magazine. It was for Martin and it said:

"Buy the facts, not the hype"

I love that!!

Muddy, Muddy, Muddy, What are we going to do with you? Shoot the best, forget the rest! Why not have the real deal instead of having a copycat brand?
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Rack

Funny funny funny. The best IS in my trunk and my bow isn't represented by a picture of a donkey!!
wink.gif

I just get sick of all the hype when I pick up my magazines and there's 2 or even 3 several page ads from one manufacturerer. It's just irritating and instantly turns me off the product. Why don't you buy me a Mathews in a 29 inch draw, I'll try it out for a year or so, and then I'll give you an accurate profile of the bow? Yeah, that'd solve the problem I think.
grin.gif

I really shouldn't get it on this one, but I can't resist.

Matthews Bow's, where should I start?
1. Designed with a serious mechanical flaw (as is all one cam bows)
2. Customers are having to pay for all of that shiny full four page color adds. All of those Pro-staff shooters.
etc......

The bad part is money talks and I might be shooting their bows despite my dislikes of some of there design, adds and pricing. Matthews makes a good bow, do they make the best? Absolutely not!!!! Can they be set up to be shot accurately, yes, just about any bow can!

Don't buy into the hype with Matthews! They will never be able to design a Single Cam bow that has level knock travel (in level I am talking about the knock remaining perpendicular to your riser's centerline (square to the riser)). They have designed single cams that have semi-level knock travel, which in order for the bow to tune well you have to use a heavier spined arrow. Why you ask to you have to use a heavier spined arrow? because when the string is transfering the energy to the arrow it is moving both up and down while procedding toward the riser when released. Which kind of puts a unusual force on the arrow.

In defense of Matthews, I have never shot any bow that shoots like a Q2. Those Harmonic Dampening things in the riser make a huge difference no hand shock at all! I didn't know my PSE had any hand shock till I shot a Q2. I just wish Matthews made a two cam bow!!!

Good hunting and shooting to all!!!

I've heard from a prominent pro shop the new Crapews, I mean Mathews, is going to look like.........(gasp)a Hoyt!

Whatever they are I think they'll have their hands full beating out the new Cam 1/2 from Hoyt. Sweet shooting bows and with the TEC risers there's very little hand shock and they are, oh, so light!
smile.gif

It sounds like all these magazines you guys are reading wouldn't be published with out the support of Mathews and thier 4 page color adds. Check out the new cam and 1/2 by Hoyt.

Baby-G what company in your opinion makes a level nock traveling bow? Please don't say PISSEE!
frown.gif

Whiskeybent you traded in the Ruger eagle Hank hat for the Iowawhitetail hat, congradulations!
beerchug.gif

Nonres

Nonres,

Actually the majority of PSE's bows don't have level knock travel. The only Bows the do is bows that have two cams. Darton's cam and 1/2 and Hoyt's new cam and 1/2 are basically two cams. The cam and 1/2 are just a sales pitch to try to pull people away from one-cam bows back to two cam bows. They do this so you buy a new bow every year or so. Ask any mechanical engineer that knows anything about bows, about what I am saying.
I bet everyone of you have heard of Bill Winke and respect him just like I do. He can't say in his articles that there is a flaw with one-cam bows, his pay checks depend on the bow companies. I have e-mailed back and forth and he agrees that they don't have level knock travel and the reason you have to use a stiffer spined arrow is because of the effect the up and down movement causes to arrow. Matthews passed it off as this, "its because our bows are more efficent and store more energy", here is a bit of information 80 lbs draw weight isn't any different in Iowa as it is here in Kentucky. Matthews bows aren't any more efficent that the other top 10 sellers out there. They just have more add on's to quiet them down.
Yes, my PSE bow does have level knock travel and I don't have any problems tuning my bow, so I will never pay for any Matthews bow, unless they make a two cam bow!

Baby G,

I think PSE needs to hire a few of those mechanical engineers you're talking about. Maybe then they'll come out with a decent bow.

have any of you checked out the recent stats of the tourn. bow shoots with the pros. i think it is something like 131 to 4. not for sure but it was something outragous like that. i would have to say the facts are talking there. just my to cents, i really think as long as you put the animal in the back of the pickup that is all that matters. it is kinda like cars, some people can afford BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Jaguar, and some people can't afford those kind of cars either way if it is a $40,000 car or a $200 car, as long as it gets you where you need to go.

Headgear,

If you used to have problems keeping the two cam bows in time, it was the strings that you we using that were causing the problem. With todays strings: dacron 450 and 450+, you should never have to adjust the timing more than one time. Even single cam bows have to be timed, just like two cam bows. Bill Winke said, "single cam bows require timing to be done just like dual cam bows, it may actually be more difficult."

PSE does makes good bows and I really like mine. Wish someone would come out with something faster, but its not real likely. I do like the new Hoyt's, but they aren't worth the price in my opinion. Of coarse most bows aren't anymore!

I am done, bash away!

I will say that the Matthews I shoot (MQ1) is the most accurate bow I have ever shot. I went up about 30 points in the 3 d shoots I participate in and I really like it.

What I care about is accuracy and durability. It has never let me down. For me it is the best bow I have ever shot.

I have not shot the new PSE's or Hoyts but I beleive I would be hard pressed to find a better all around bow.

Just my thoughts.

Deano

Jethro,

It seems they are not real quick with the update of the website. I think last year it was mid February before they had it updated...

whiskey bent & hellbound...

This is the rumor on the bowsite...
========================================
They have and all new cam and came out with 3 new bows.The LX'35 inches ATA with adjustable letoff.BlackMax3(The new fastest bow on the planet)and Conquest3 thats all for now
========================================
As usual, it is hard tell'n if it is fact or fiction...

More info at
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?s=37a14a942bdec0c696c25d2ae7e1808f&threadid=6718

Well today was the big day. Anyone hear anything from the ATA.

I have a question for anyone with the new Hoyt cam and 1/2. Have you had to tune it yet or has not enough time went by to tell if you'll need to. It seems to me that they really figured out the problem of the two cam design since both cams move and move in sync.

whiskey

I have a SuperTEC which has the Spiral Cam 1 1/2 and I've had no problems with it so far. The timing is simple, keep the marks on either side of your limb, when they aren't, getta new string. The normal cam and a half do not need tuning really. There are "performance marks" on the cams and they can't go outta tune cuz each cam is hooked to the other one via a control cable so they keep each other in tune automatically. Neither cam can move independantly because of this control cable. Basically the timing is built into the bow and cables. Pretty sweet set up.

Hey muddy where's the saddle for that horse and when are you going to take me hunting with you? I wanna be where those kinda deer are. Do you know how much that buck weighed?

whiskey-

Hopefully there's still a couple that size (and hopefully bigger) left, we found 8 dead deer after shotgun season that had their heads or antlers cut off and the rest left. He didn't dress out that big, I was expecting more, around 170 or so.

As far as where this area is...well, by the time you got to where I'm at (Maquoketa area) you will have passed more than a dozen places I'd love to be hunting in along HWY 61!!

Good luck with your bow decision.

Man, O, man this is a vicious string. I used to shoot nothing but two cam bows after the single cam bows came out. I wish I had a dollar for every time I had to tune it, so I could retire. I have a SQ2 now and could care less if the nock point is high at full draw because it shoots consistently every time as do most one cam bows. I don't spend half the time or even a quarter of the time keeping this bow in tune. I would consider inconsistency a design flaw.

Whiskey, Do you know when they will have information out on there new bows. I cheked there website and it's still the '02 page. I'm curious to see what they are going to have to offer.

Top Bottom