Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mathews

To all,
Bowsite.com has a whole list of the new 2003 bows for review. Everything from the #1 Mathews HA! to Fred Bear to Hoyt. Kind of interesting to see what the manufacturers are doing to keep up with the Jones.

Mathews makes some great bows,and this year I think they have come with another winner(conquest 3).However,I don't think you can buy points,and 3-d championships.Most of the major bow companies make bows that when properly tuned and in the hands of a good shooter will win.All the pros shoot em for the contingency(sp?) money,and i can't say i blame them.I been beatin the breaks off folks down here in Ga. for years with a PSE!Let me say that i think mathews bows are the ones to have though,and I'll probably be shootin a conquest 3 within a matter of weeks.Good Luck shootin!!!

I liked my old PSE, but it was loud and slow. I bought my SQ2 and really enjoy it. I have to say it seems a little more touchy than the pSE though. I suppose when you drop 4 inches or so in length and pick up a lot more speed your mistakes are going to be exaggerated. Overall, I really am pleased with my Mathews, but there are a lot of other good bows out there too.

Jethro
What did you expect. We know Mathews is the #1 BOW! They put heads on our walls this year didn't they.

Do Hoyt and PSE realize they shouldn't be in business anymore because they're not selling anything?
shocked.gif
And what about all those other companies?
frown.gif

Mathews has obviously done an extremely effective job of marketing their product. Perceived Value. I'm just hoping my bows that launch arrows at under 300FPS will still kill deer next year...They were still working this year, but I think the deer are getting more catalogs every year and the string-jumpers are getting their timing down
wink.gif
grin.gif

Does anybody know how many bows Mathews sells vs Hoyt or PSE? The pro shop that I go to here in Michigan, that concentrates on selling Mathews and Hoyt are selling 3 Hoyts for every one Mathews. The Cabelas here in Michigan carries Hoyt & PSE which seems like to me increases thier sales significantly. I find it hard to believe Mathews is out selling Hoyt.

I talked with the "Pro" at the proshop and he just got back from the ATA convention and he said the Mathews booth was busy for the first two hours and it was all Hoyt for the remainder of the show.
According to him Mathews really didn't come out with anything new and this guy is a Mathews man. Was anyone there?
Nonres

I'd agree w/ Nonres, the shop I frequent in Central Iowa sells 1.5 or 2 Hoyts for every Mathews.

Hunt-em-up,
With that said I couldn't agree more about PSE.

Top Bottom