Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Matt Oleson Buck

G

Came into grunt call, 10 yards with knight .50 wolverine...really didn't need the scope.
smile.gif

Matt

MattsBuck.jpg

Nice buck Matt! Good to see someone from my "hunting neighborhood" get a good one!
Good luck and good hunting!

-GunnerJon

Great Buck Matt!!!!!

I am looking at purchasing a wolverine. Hw does it shoot? How easy is it to clean? What load do you shoot? Does it have fiberoptic iron sights? What did you pay retail for the gun?

Thanks, WI Shed Head

Thanks Guys. It was a fun hunt. It was the last day I had to hunt. He came in right at dark. The turkeys were making so much noise I never heard him. I grunted just to cover up their noise. He came in on a string, I wish I would have had my bow. Either way I'm proud. He went 125yards, down and up the biggest ravine he could find. I think they know, like to make my life a little bit more difficult. Now I'm working on a European mount. A lot of work and stinky, the wife sent me outside to the turkey fryer. A little cold right now though. If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it. Thanks

GunnerJon -
There are more out there. I passed at least a dozen smaller bucks. I know of a few that were shot during shotgun, but the majority are still roaming. I'm already for next year.

WI Shed Head -
I love my Wolverine. I only wish I would have bought it with a thumbhole stock. I bought ity 6-7 years ago, no fiber optics then. It is a breeze to clean, my wife hates the smell. I'm going to try 777 powder next year. I currently shot 90 grains of pyrodex and 245 grain sabot (can't remeber the brand) #11 percussion caps. Bought the new extreme 209 kit, but haven't used it yet. I have it sighted in at 120yards. I've taken one shot at 100yards in 7 years of muzzleloading (clean kill).
If you look around you should be able to get one for around $200.

Thanks again. By the way TLH, its spelled "Oleson". No one ever gets it right.

-moleson

Matt,

"Oleson" we stand corrected sir - all better now.

Thanks!

Iowa Whitetail.com

Congrats, Nice buck Matt!

Now if we can could get Wayne to pull the trigger on a nice one.

Top Bottom