Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Matthews DownForce Rest

fastfreddy

Anybody else have one of these? I'm wondering if mine is working properly. I just bought the new Monster @ Scheels in Des Moines and had this rest installed by them. I have noticed that all of my arrow fletchings...the 2 of the same color (cock feather up) are stained black from the rubber boots they put on the end of the rest. Is this rest suppose to drop because if it is I don't see it....it's spring loaded upwhile not at full draw.....seems odd to me....also I have a he*l of a time keeping the arrow on the rest while drawing.....

Any thoughts??...........

Thanks,

FF

I have the same rest on my Monster and I have had to adjust it twice. The problem is that the string that attaches to the rest and pulls it up stretches. The end of it is held by a bolt up by the rest. You need to loosen the bolt and use a pliers or something to grab the string and pull it tight and then tighten the bolt while the string is tight. That should get the rest to fall out of the way again. The shop that set me up said that you should only have to do this a couple of times.

As far as the arrow falling off when you draw I think the only thing you can do is shoot more and get use to the way it draws. If you use the little black clip that holds the arrow before you draw try it without clipping the arrow in. I noticed if I clipped the arrow in it would kind of pop out of the clip and off the rest when I drew.

Good luck.

Horn Hunter....you are the man!! That was my problem...I appreciate your help! Good luck to you this year....

Fastfreddy

Top Bottom