Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mature Bucks:

loneranger

I have come out here from MI. Bow Hunted two seasons on my 40 acres. I am used to watching 1 1/2 yr olds now without even flinching. Something never done back in MI, where you are lucky to see them. I have shot a 16 1/2 inch 8 pt and a 17' 11 pt and watched some similar go by, and am getting used to it and realize these are yawners out here in IA. Am planning next season to wait for a "Mature", buck. Question: Are the "Mature" deer cruising my land during rut, and is just a matter of being in right place at right time, and putting in the time? Or do I have to use superior tactics, or hunt other properties to see one. There is alot of deer activity across my area during Nov, I am in a travel route betwen farms and have lots of brushy ravines and a couple thick bedding areas. Any insights from YOU Iowa long time Hunters,, I'd appreciate.

It sounds like you just need to be in the right place at the right time . Keep passsing t5he younger bucks. Some of them will mature and core in your area.

This is super old yet still a great saying.

"You can't shoot a booner if you shoot one that's not!"

Some years you may eat a tag.....I've eaten plenty.....but, when you do get that opportunity after hours in the stand it will be worth every second!!!

"Stick and stay and make it pay!"

Top Bottom