Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Measuring

hunt iowa

Life Member
The Iowa Trophy Measurers will be measuring and entering into appropriate record books ( Boone and Crockett, Pope & Young, State, Longhunters,etx) all eligible game animals at the following venues:

February 9- Dempster's Taxidermy Delhi, Iowa
February 15-16- Cave Inn Magnolia
February 22- Big Al's Bar and Grill Argyle, aiowa
March 1-2- Missouri Deer Classic Columbia, Mo.
March 1-2 -Dixie Deer Classic Raleigh, NC
March 8-10- Iowa Deer Classic Des Moines, Ia
March 28-30- Longbranch Canton, Iowa

Also at the Uni Dome in Cedar Falls, Iowa but do not know the date

Can and will measure any animals that are eligible for a record book of any kind. Bring em to town and get the animal the recognition it deserves.

Thanks for the Info Hunt Iowa!

February 22nd is bound to be quite a day for me.
1) Wife is going out of town.

2) Argyle Deer Show at Big Al's.

3) Lee County Chapter Pheasants Forever Dinner.

What a day!
tongue.gif

Could you give me some info on the event at argyle on feb 22nd? is it a big buck contest or just to get deer measured and show off?

Is Big Als the former One Eyed Jakes? I was at the One Eyed Jakes horn show a few years back. Talk about a bunch of truly large racks!!!!!!!!!!!

It is the same building. If you get to Argyle, you cannot miss it.

Contact Al at 319-838-3012 for answers to your contest questions.

SAM AND IABUCKBUSTER....

Yes, One Eyed Jakes was purchased and now is called Big Al's. Yes, there will be a bunch of great SE Iowa bucks there. I don't remember any big buck contest, they raffle a few guns, measure alot of bucks, and it is a bar so you can enjoy your favorite refreshment. In the past they gave free T-shirts to the first ____number of bucks brought in. You can count on lots of hunters, lots of deer and lots of beer. They usually have three measures there all day and their busy.

thanks for the info on deer measuring opportunities . We'd like to make the one at Dempster's at Delhi this Sunday, wha t time? Sounds like a fun time, maybe Dean has my cape back and we can leave them there.

Top Bottom